FDI To Diversify
- Mitsubishi is building Japan plastics facility. Yokomura, Tomomi; Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;11/6/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 17, p17
The article reports on a facility being built by Tokyo, Japan-based Mitsubishi Plastics in its Nagahama factory in Shiga prefecture to be able to increase the capacities of engineering plastics. This was the company's response to the growing demand of engineering plastics for information...
- Czechs' FDI windfall leaves Poles losers. Carey, Nick // Prague Business Journal;1/7/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p1
Reports the triumph of Czech Republic in the competition with Poland for the Toyota/PSA plant. Differences in the incentive packages provided by the Czech and Polish governments; Factor attributing to a stable Czech economy; Advantages of the country's closer proximity with European Union markets.
- Respect is an investment catalyst. van der Walt, Douw // Finance Week;12/7/2001, p66
Reports on the factors affecting foreign investments in South Africa. Misgivings about emerging markets; Opening of an exhaust catalyst plant in Durban, South Africa.
- The ET List Top 20 U.S. Sites. Gibbs, Hope Katz // Export Today;Apr99, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p40
Offers a look at the top 20 United States cities for foreign investment in 1999 ranked by the periodical `Export Today.' Percentage of population in Hawaii that works for foreign-owned firms; Where the success of California's foreign investment can be attributed to; Japanese-owned manufacturing...
- CONSTRUCTION OF DUTCH MUSHROOM FACTORY IN SVETI NIKOLE BEGINS. // Macedonian Business Monthly;Feb2014, Vol. 14 Issue 139, p15
The article reports on the start of the construction of a new mushroom factory in industrial zone Ovce Pole near Sveti Nikole in Macedonia which is being financed by Dutch foreign investment worth 25 million euros.
- Mitsubishi Plastics to Build New Plant for Funtional Films in Wuxi. // China Chemical Reporter;8/21/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p13
The article reports on the plan of Mitsubishi Plastics Inc. to construct a new production plant for its functional films in Wuxi, China.
- PET film plant slated for China. Toloken, Steve // Plastics News;10/4/2010, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p7
The article reports on the plans of Mitsubishi Plastics Inc. to open a PET film plant in Suzhou, China, due to growing demand in the flat-panel display market for television screens and computer monitors. The company announced that the plant will start functioning in April 2013 with a single...
- Steely Resolve Melts. // Business Today;4/3/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p28
The article reports on the construction of two steel plants by ArcelorMittal to attract foreign investment in India.
- Making Zippers: All the Way with Y.K.K. // Time;8/13/1973, Vol. 102 Issue 7, p102
The article reports on the labor management with YKK Zippers in Great Britain. It reveals that the company invested 3.5 million U.S. dollars in a British plant and the gamble was the first direct Japanese manufacturing investment in the country. It also notes that the investment has been a...