- Michelin launches new X One wide-base tire. // Fleet Owner Blog;10/16/2014, p1
A blog on the X One Multi Energy T wide-base single-trailer tire from Michelin Americas Truck Tires is presented.
- New Teardrop used for presentation stage. // Commercial Motor;5/6/2010, Vol. 212 Issue 5380, p7
The article presents a photograph of a Don-Bur Teardrop trailer and information on the shortlist for the 2010 Motor Transport Awards.
- What price safety? Stanton, Justin // Motor Transport;5/7/2009, p14
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the safety features of the truck and trailers, another on the companies that had been shortlisted for Motor Transport awards and one on Haulier of the Year and Innovation award.
- Residual trailer values: talking specifications. // Motor Transport;6/25/2012, p14
The author discusses issues concerning the residual values of trailers in Great Britain.
- Thieves spoil tire store's opening. Fedchenko, Vera // Tire Business;8/16/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p5
Thieves broke into a Miller Brothers Giant Tire Service location in Pembroke Pines two weeks before its scheduled opening and stole 30 medium truck tires valued at $10,860. The theft occurred between 6 p.m. July 20 and 6: 30 a.m. July 21 when the burglars cut a gate lock and stole 10 Michelin...
- Changes coming in SAE standards. Weber, Rick // Trailer / Body Builders;May2009, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p33
The article focuses on the effects of the proposal of the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) International to apply its SAE standard J2807 to all vehicles with model years of 2011 and above, on the U.S. trailer industry. The standard measures the gross combination weight rating and trailer...
- Exporting 101. Weber, Rick // Trailer / Body Builders;Aug2011, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p36
The article discusses a U.S. National Association of Trailer Manufacturers (NATM) workshop which advised on trailer export requirements to Canada and the European Union (EU). NATM technical director Clint Lancaster detailed Transport Canada's pre-clearance process. European trailer expert Chuck...
- Tires a little less taxing. Sharp, Asa // Fleet Owner;Dec2004, Vol. 99 Issue 12, p68
This article reports on the revision to the Federal Excise Tax that is levied on over-the-road tires which is now finalized and scheduled to be effective with tires sold on or after January 1. 2005. Historically, this tax has been assigned to specific brands and models of tires based on new tire...
- Multi-piece rims: RIP. ROHLWING, KEVIN // Fleet Owner;May2011, Vol. 106 Issue 5, p23
The article presents the author's views on the use of bias-ply tube-type tires on multi-piece rims of trucks. He comments that he is fed up with the questions regarding the quality of low-cost, offshore bias-ply tires. He remarks that serious accidents could be caused by components that are...