West European heavy truck trailer market holds steady
- GO DUTCH--CARRY MORE. Jarvis, Bryan // Commercial Motor;8/5/2004, Vol. 200 Issue 5091, p50
Focuses on the redesigned LV-O stub-axle suspension from Dutch steering axle specialist Tridec, which provides double-deck trailers operators with another half-tonne payload capacity. Functions of a triaxle; Durability trials performed on the suspension; Addition of a special forked bracket to...
- Eastern European truck trailer market recovery accelerates, forecast indicate. // Trailer / Body Builders;Nov2011, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p24
The article discusses the highlights of a forecast report issued by British consulting firm CLEAR which predicts a 48 percent growth in the demand for truck trailers in Eastern Europe in 2011.
- Trailer and bodybuilders. // Commercial Motor;5/11/2006, Vol. 203 Issue 5177, Special Section p4
The article provides information on products to be showcased by trailer manufacturers and bodybuilders at the Site Equipment Demonstration exhibition at Rockingham Performance Park in Corby, Northamptonshire, England in 2006. Dennison Trailers will introduce its sliding tipper at the show. A...
- Trailer demand surges in Eastern Europe. // Trailer / Body Builders;Aug2007, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p12
The article reports on the increase in the demand for heavy truck trailers in Eastern Europe. It states that transport businesses are setting up shop in Eastern Europe to take advantage of the lower cost base. Russia, Poland and Turkey are said to be the largest markets and account for over 60%...
- End of the boom? Banner, Steve // Commercial Motor;7/14/2005, Vol. 201 Issue 5136, p62
Presents an outlook for truck sales in Great Britain in 2005. Factors that influence customers to buy truck trailers; Types of motor vehicles preferred by customers; Risk posed by the export demand for tractor units.
- TECHNICAL NEWS. Shiers, Will // Motor Transport;6/23/2005, p10
Presents news briefs on the motor vehicle industry in Great Britain as of June 2005. Plan of Isuzu Truck to develop a 12-tonner truck by 2007; Projected decline in sales of trailers in 2006.
- Truk to distribute Heil sliding-axle trailers. Sowman, Colin // Contract Journal;10/15/2003, Vol. 420 Issue 6448, p15
Reports on the selection of Bristol, England-based Truk as the sole distributor of Heil sliding-axle trailers in Great Britain. Background on the trailer's axles; Advantages of using the truck trailer.
- Keep your wheels on. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Jul95, Issue 512, p24
Focuses on preventive maintenance tips in the retaining of wheels of M747 semitrailers. Torque check-ups of lug nuts and cap nuts; Testing of tire air pressure; Use of valve stem extension for accurate pressure readings.
- Industry Newsdesk. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jul2009, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p5
This section offers news briefs in the commercial vehicle industry. ACT Research Company (ACT) has published its forecast on commercial vehicle sales and production for the year 2009 and 2010 in the "North American Commercial Vehicle Outlook." The sales of medium and heavy trucks decreased by...