ATA sues over port concession plans
- ATA fights restrictive ports policy. Dunn, Jill // Overdrive;Sep2008, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p12
The article reports on the move by the American Trucking Association Inc. (ATA) to file a lawsuit against the Clean Trucks program of the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach in California. ATA filed the complaint for declaratory judgment and injunctive relief in U.S. District Court for the...
- ATA appeals low-carbon fuel ruling. Dunn, Jill // Overdrive;Nov2013, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p70
The article informs that the American Trucking Associations Inc. and others are appealing the decision of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California regarding California's Low Carbon Fuel Standard.
- California sues trucking companies working ports. Dunn, Jill // Overdrive;Oct2008, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p70
The article discusses a court case wherein the attorney general in California Edmund G. Brown Jr. filed lawsuits against trucking companies for serving the Los Angeles/Long Beach port complex as independent contractors. The American Trucking Associations Inc. claimed that it would appeal if a...
- Clean-Trucks Case Opens in California. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);4/26/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 17, p7
The article focuses on the lawsuit filed by the American Trucking Association (ATA) in the U.S. District Court in Los Angeles, California concerning the operating concessions requirement of the Port of Los Angeles.
- TW Calendar. // Traffic World;5/19/2008, Vol. 272 Issue 20, p35
A world traffic calendar in May-September 2008 is presented which includes, National Postal Forum Conference on May 18-21, 8th Annual Expedite Trucking Show on July 25-26 and Freight Transportation Conference on August 26-28.
- TW Calendar. // Traffic World;8/27/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 34, p32
A calendar of events related to the global freight transportation industry in 2007 is presented which includes a conference titled "America's Freight Transportation Through 2011" to be held on August 27-29 in Indianapolis, Indiana, the Air Freight Asia 2007 to be held on September 3-6 in Hong...
- CALENDAR. // Refrigerated Transporter;Feb2008, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p48
A calendar of events for the U.S. in 2008 is presented which includes the Food Shippers of America's (FSA) annual conference, the Truckload Carriers Association's (TCA) annual convention, and the Mid-America Trucking Show.
- CONECT hosts 13th Annual Northeast Cargo Symposium. // American Journal of Transportation;12/15/2014, Issue 593, p22
The article discusses the highlights of the 2014 Annual Northeast Cargo Symposium held at the Putnam Northeast Lounge of the Gillette Stadium in Massachusetts organized by business-to-business conference and training provider CONECT.
- Out-of-hours urban deliveries will be the focus of summit. // Motor Transport;7/7/2014, p3
The article offers information on the conference related to freight titled "Quiet Cities" to be held on November 25 to 26, 2014 in Twickenham, London, England, which is sponsored by the logistic companies Transport for London (TfL) and Dalsey, Hillblom and Lynn (DHL).