Back-to-back flowline bundles targeted for remote subsea fields
- Deepwater pipelines -- Taking the challenge to new depths. Connelly, Martin // Offshore;Jul2009, Vol. 69 Issue 7, p70
The article offers information on the design of the UOE double submerged arc welded (DSAW) linepipe developed by Corus Tubes in Europe. The company stresses that the application of the UOE process contributed in reducing development costs and pipe weight, enhanced design and improved compressive...
- Leak detection equipment adapted for pipeline hydrotests, rehab projects. // Offshore;Nov2011, Vol. 71 Issue 11, p114
The article focuses on Co.L.Mar Srl's Acoustic Leak Detector (ALD). It states that ALD is a technology designed to acquire and process acoustic data to extract leakage from ambient noise, which composed of underwater acoustic sensor, a transmission line, and a proprietary software to analyze...
- Online monitoring enhances flow assurance. Larsen, Marit // Offshore;Feb2011, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p108
The article focuses on the development of the Flow Assurance System (FAS), an online monitoring system, to manage oil and gas flow assurance problems. It mentions on the successful FAS installation in Statoil ASA 's Vega field operation by using FAS' virtual flow metering system and pipeline...
- Radioisotope technology helps ensure pipeline flow. Wilson, Matt // Offshore;Feb2011, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p104
The article focuses on the application of different radioisotope technologies to assist offshore operators accomplish effective pipeline flow assurance of oil and gas. It notes that the use of radioisotope technologies provides an accurate measurement of the amount and location of pipeline...
- Improving deepwater pipeline repair capability. Ayers, Ray R.; Rebello, Armando // Offshore;Jul2011, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p94
The article focuses on the Deep Water Response to Underwater Pipeline Emergencies (DW RUPE)-Pipelines, a co-ownership group which consists of Enterprise Partners LP, Enbridge Inc., Eni Corp., and BP Exploration and Production Inc. It states that the companies have agreed to co-fund the repair of...
- Manifold dives deep to perform triple duty. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/10/94, Vol. 232 Issue 2, p22
Features Strathspey North Seal oil field's manifold. Cost of the project; Features; Field operator; Location of the manifold; Contents of the manifold; Builder; Designer.
- Products & services. // Offshore;Nov95, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p104
Presents a series of news briefs on products and services associated with offshore drilling.
- Race to develop 10,1000-ft water depth equipment continues. Furlow, William // Offshore;Dec97, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p24
States that an increasing number of tools are emerging from the design boards and machining halls to deal with the seafloor forces in ultra-deepwater oil well drilling.
- Riserless drilling JIP moving to second phase-development. Blanc, Leonard Le // Offshore;Dec97, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p31
Focuses on the development of a riserless drilling Joint Industry Project initiated by Conoco and Hydrill to address marine riser drilling systems problems during offshore oil well drilling operations. Advantages of riserless drilling over conventional marine riser drilling systems; Benefits of...