Back-to-back flowline bundles targeted for remote subsea fields
- Deepwater pipelines -- Taking the challenge to new depths. Connelly, Martin // Offshore;Jul2009, Vol. 69 Issue 7, p70
The article offers information on the design of the UOE double submerged arc welded (DSAW) linepipe developed by Corus Tubes in Europe. The company stresses that the application of the UOE process contributed in reducing development costs and pipe weight, enhanced design and improved compressive...
- Leak detection equipment adapted for pipeline hydrotests, rehab projects. // Offshore;Nov2011, Vol. 71 Issue 11, p114
The article focuses on Co.L.Mar Srl's Acoustic Leak Detector (ALD). It states that ALD is a technology designed to acquire and process acoustic data to extract leakage from ambient noise, which composed of underwater acoustic sensor, a transmission line, and a proprietary software to analyze...
- Online monitoring enhances flow assurance. Larsen, Marit // Offshore;Feb2011, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p108
The article focuses on the development of the Flow Assurance System (FAS), an online monitoring system, to manage oil and gas flow assurance problems. It mentions on the successful FAS installation in Statoil ASA 's Vega field operation by using FAS' virtual flow metering system and pipeline...
- Radioisotope technology helps ensure pipeline flow. Wilson, Matt // Offshore;Feb2011, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p104
The article focuses on the application of different radioisotope technologies to assist offshore operators accomplish effective pipeline flow assurance of oil and gas. It notes that the use of radioisotope technologies provides an accurate measurement of the amount and location of pipeline...
- Improving deepwater pipeline repair capability. Ayers, Ray R.; Rebello, Armando // Offshore;Jul2011, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p94
The article focuses on the Deep Water Response to Underwater Pipeline Emergencies (DW RUPE)-Pipelines, a co-ownership group which consists of Enterprise Partners LP, Enbridge Inc., Eni Corp., and BP Exploration and Production Inc. It states that the companies have agreed to co-fund the repair of...
- Manifold dives deep to perform triple duty. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/10/94, Vol. 232 Issue 2, p22
Features Strathspey North Seal oil field's manifold. Cost of the project; Features; Field operator; Location of the manifold; Contents of the manifold; Builder; Designer.
- Products & services. // Offshore;Nov95, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p104
Presents a series of news briefs on products and services associated with offshore drilling.
- Fishing operations in horizontal and extended-reach wells. Williamson, Steve; Reeves, Bill // Offshore;Feb98, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p38
Discusses the use of computerized jar placement in fishing operations in horizontal and extended-reach wells. Background on the basic reasons for and tools in fishing; Uses of hydraulic jars in fishing; Insights on the difference in performance between jars; Guidelines for jar placement;...
- New dual BOP aimed at deepwater. Furlow, William // Offshore;Aug98, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p24
Features Hydril's Dual GX 18 3/4-1,000 Annu-Flex, a blowout preventer configuration designed to boost flexibility in deepwater.