THE SGB QUESTION
- OLYMPIC HOPEFULS. Brown, Nicholas // Athletic Business;May2008, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p48
The article focuses on the deals entered by sports equipment manufacturers to provide materials and supplies to the Olympic Games. It is stated that the competition to supply sports flooring or protective padding is strong and that during the 2004 Athens games in Greece, suppliers already...
- Could Chicago go for the gold? Borden, Jeff // Crain's Chicago Business;12/16/96, Vol. 19 Issue 51, p1
Presents information on Chicago, Illinois as a choice venue for the 2008 Summer Olympics. Debts incurred by select countires over the years; Sites being looked at to act as the Olympic stadium; Citing of the figures released by the Atlanta Committee for the Olympic Games.
- Olympic Fever. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;5/5/2008, Vol. 70 Issue 23/24, p16
A quiz about the 2008 Summer Olympics to be held in Beijing, China is presented.
- Go for Gold! Peckham, Lori // Winner;May2008, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p8
A quiz about the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, China is presented.
- China's 2008 Olympic Infrastructure Plans Underway. // Practical Horseman;Oct2006, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p15
The article focuses on work which has begun on the construction of stables and supporting facilities for the equestrian portion of the 2008 Olympics which will be held in China.
- 10 MOST MEMORABLE OLYMPIC MOMENTS. Gregory, Sean // Time International (South Pacific Edition);12/22/2008, Issue 50, p39
This list ranks ten moments from the 2008 Olympic games in Beijing, China including the victory of swimmer Michael Phelps in the 100-meter butterfly race, the world record set by runner Usain Bolt in the 100-meter sprint, and the opening ceremonies of the Olympic games.
- Ex-Zenith CEO leading Olympic effort. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;12/02/96, Vol. 19 Issue 49, p54
Presents information on the support given to holding the 2008 Olympics games in Chicago, Illinois, by businessmen. Comments from retired Zenith Electronics Corporation Chairman Jerry K. Pearlman; Scheduled bidding deadline.
- Olympic Highlights. Kennedy, Kostya; Bechtel, Mark; Cannella, Stephen // Sports Illustrated;8/18/2008, Vol. 109 Issue 6, p31
The article lists highlights from the 2008 Summer Olympic games in Beijing, China, including the Men's 100-meter butterfly final, the Men's 100-meter sprint, and the Men's tennis final.
- Leading Off. // Sports Illustrated;8/18/2008, Vol. 109 Issue 6, p6
Captions are presented to photographs of competitions at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, China.