A Steady Pace
- Running Footwear Continues Positive Growth. // SGB;Aug2008, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p18
The article reports on the positive growth of the U.S. running footwear industry. A survey shows that the sales of running footwear continue to produce healthy growth for industry retailers. This suggests that the growth is not limited to larger chain stores only and that the market seems a good...
- NE Retailers Mixed on Weather Impact. Glavin, Jessica // FN: Footwear News;1/15/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p7
This article reports on the impact of the warm weather on retailers in the Northeast States. Unseasonably warm temperatures are having a negative impact on business at some stores in New York, New Jersey and Boston, Massachusetts, but other retailers are managing to overcome weather issues with...
- Striking a Chord. Niemi, Wayne // FN: Footwear News;8/2/2010, Vol. 66 Issue 28, p42
The article talks about the H. Lorenzo retail store in Los Angeles, California. It is stated that H. Lorenzo has served as one of Los Angeles' most sought after destinations for designer shoppers since the mid-1980s. Lorenzo Hadar had opened the store to carry high fashion with limited availability.
- Will Summer Heat Sales? Newman, Eric; Niemi, Wayne // FN: Footwear News;6/20/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 25, p2
Reports on the sales expectations of footwear retailers for summer 2005. Promotions launched by stores in Manhattan, New York City which include Bloomingdale's Soho; Clearance events prepared by West Coast retailers such as Souilers.
- DATA BANK. // FN: Footwear News;6/20/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 25, p8
Provides information on the chargeback issue in the U.S. footwear industry. Percentage of footwear vendors who said that chargebacks have been a major problem in 2004; Percentage of retailers who agreed that the chargeback issue is an issues that needs to be reformed.
- DEARTH OF TRENDS A HUGE WORRY FOR RETAILERS. Abel, Katie; Ernst, Jennifer; Sammon, Lindsay; Schneider-Levy, Barbara; Urbanowicz, Nicole; Windsor, Clair; Zmuda, Natalie // FN: Footwear News;12/10/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 48, pC
This article explains that after a lackluster fall season that was defined by the absence of must-have looks, retailers at last week's FFANY show here were on the hunt for fresh, innovative product to refuel excitement among consumers. But the majority of store owners interviewed at Pier 94, at...
- WHAT'S SELLING: MILWAUKEE. Wernecke, Ellen // FN: Footwear News;6/21/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 24, p20
Provides information on shoe retailers in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Howard Fiberman, manager of Ma. Jolie, men's and women's boutique; Brian Campbell, co-owner of Boot Connection; Larry Reese, owner of Van's Fine Men's Shoe Shop.
- THE SHANDAL ARRIVES. Ryan, Tom // SGB;May/Jun2010, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p48
The article offers the author's views on the popularity of sandals in the footwear industry. He argues that consumers are shifting towards using sandals away from beaches and pools. He states that demand is increasing for stylish crossover sandals is increasing in the footwear market. He further...
- Insider. Ernst, Jennifer; Cass, Meghan; Niemi, Wayne; Sammon, Lindsay E. // FN: Footwear News;6/2/2008, Vol. 64 Issue 21, p8
The article provides updates on the footwear industry in the U.S. The film "Sex and the City," has featured an array of designers including custom blue satin Manolo Blahnik pumps, striped Proenza Schouler sandals and Sigerson Morrison stiletto ankle boots. Two Ten Foundation will host its New...