Running Footwear Continues Positive Growth
- A Steady Pace. Dzierzak, Lou // SGB;Aug2008, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p22
The article presents the business profile of Run Gear Run, a retail store owned by Amber Anthony and Ashley Rosilier that caters running footwear and apparel in San Antonio, Texas. The store serves both the beginning and accomplished runners. It works with the local high schools and community...
- Adidas Teams Up in San Francisco. // FN: Footwear News;7/26/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 29, p90
Reports on the partnership of shoe brand Adidas of Portland, Oregon with San Francisco, California retailer Shoe Biz which deals with the construction of a sports heritage shop in San Francisco, California. Features of the shop; Products to be offered; Expectations on the sales of the shop.
- Gander Mountain chases sales amid crowded retail space. Troy, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;10/24/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 20, p6
The article focuses on the expansion of Gander Mountain Inc. Gander Mountain capped off a year of record growth earlier this month with the grand opening of its 98th retail store. Everything has not gone smoothly for the company as it looks to dominate the outdoor retailing space. The increase...
- UK: Clothing sales bounce back in July. Smith, Katie // Aroq - Just-Style.com (Global News);7/27/2014, p1
The article reports on the recovery of the clothing stores in Great Britain in July 2014 due to warmer weather, according to the Confederation of British Industry's (CBI)Distributive Trades Survey. Topics discussed include the projected growth of clothing stores in August 2014, growth of 74...
- NE Retailers Mixed on Weather Impact. Glavin, Jessica // FN: Footwear News;1/15/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p7
This article reports on the impact of the warm weather on retailers in the Northeast States. Unseasonably warm temperatures are having a negative impact on business at some stores in New York, New Jersey and Boston, Massachusetts, but other retailers are managing to overcome weather issues with...
- Striking a Chord. Niemi, Wayne // FN: Footwear News;8/2/2010, Vol. 66 Issue 28, p42
The article talks about the H. Lorenzo retail store in Los Angeles, California. It is stated that H. Lorenzo has served as one of Los Angeles' most sought after destinations for designer shoppers since the mid-1980s. Lorenzo Hadar had opened the store to carry high fashion with limited availability.
- Will Summer Heat Sales? Newman, Eric; Niemi, Wayne // FN: Footwear News;6/20/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 25, p2
Reports on the sales expectations of footwear retailers for summer 2005. Promotions launched by stores in Manhattan, New York City which include Bloomingdale's Soho; Clearance events prepared by West Coast retailers such as Souilers.
- DATA BANK. // FN: Footwear News;6/20/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 25, p8
Provides information on the chargeback issue in the U.S. footwear industry. Percentage of footwear vendors who said that chargebacks have been a major problem in 2004; Percentage of retailers who agreed that the chargeback issue is an issues that needs to be reformed.
- DEARTH OF TRENDS A HUGE WORRY FOR RETAILERS. Abel, Katie; Ernst, Jennifer; Sammon, Lindsay; Schneider-Levy, Barbara; Urbanowicz, Nicole; Windsor, Clair; Zmuda, Natalie // FN: Footwear News;12/10/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 48, pC
This article explains that after a lackluster fall season that was defined by the absence of must-have looks, retailers at last week's FFANY show here were on the hunt for fresh, innovative product to refuel excitement among consumers. But the majority of store owners interviewed at Pier 94, at...