MMA's Future Requires a Focus on Fitness
- Get Your Kicks. Cooper, Steve // Entrepreneur;Jul2007, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p24
The article reports on the growth of No Limits, a mixed martial arts (MMA) gym in Irvine, California. It was initially opened with 15,000-square-foot, however, it was expanded into 26,000-square-foot in 2006. The facility has 1,000 members claimed to be the largest MMA facility in North America....
- Bird of Prey. Seong, S. D. // Black Belt;Jul2011, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p80
The article features the Hayabusa mixed martial arts (MMA) gear, one of the fastest growing line of products in the MMA apparel sector. It notes that hayabusa in Japanese is peregrine falcon, the fast and powerful bird of prey known for its precision and strength, which the 6-year-old apparel...
- New wood line has bite for busy, busy Cobra. DeGraw, Jim // San Diego Business Journal;1/29/96, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p26
Presents an update on sports-related industry in San Diego, California. Sale of Cobra Golf Inc. to American Brands Inc.; Preparation of La Costa Resort for the Davies Cup tennis match between United States and Mexico; Television commercial of Mail Boxes Etc. aired on Super Bowl XXX.
- "Do you think the merchandising opportunity around MMA has strong growth potential?". // SGB;Sep2008, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p40
The article provides several answers to a question of how the Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) can provide a merchandising opportunity.
- GROUND ZERO. Jeffrey, Doug // Ultimate MMA;March/April2013, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p98
A review is offered for the Ground Zero training gym located in Big Bear, California.
- MMA With Style. Pollard, Edward // Black Belt;Jun2010, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p80
The article provides information on Big John McCarthy's Ultimate Fighting Academy, a mixed-martial arts (MMA) gym that opened in September 2006 in Valencia, California. The gym's owner, John McCarthy, is a former Ultimate Fighting Champion (UFC) referee and a Los Angeles Police District (LAPD)...
- Welcome to the gym. Kalman, Bobbie; Crossingham, John // Gymnastics in Action;2003, p6
This article focuses on buildings called gymnasiums or gyms, where gymnasts practice and perform their skills. Gyms come in all shapes and sizes. Most are quite large and have very high ceilings. Some gyms also have seating for spectators. In gymnastics, even the floor is a piece of equipment....
- Hard-Core MMA Has a New Headquarters. Pollard, Edward // Black Belt;Jul2010, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p94
The article offers information on the new headquarters of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) Academy in North Hollywood, California. The gym with 300 students is a 12,000-square-foot facility with a full-sized octagon and boxing ring, a floor for judo competition with shops, showers and locker rooms. The...
- On the screws. Stachura, Mike // Golf Digest;Apr2006, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p261
The article provides information related to new adjustable golf clubs. The Malty KE4 Irons which has stainless-steel head and two heel-and-tow ports costs 14 dollars per head. The Vulcan V14 is designed for the mixing and matching of 14 nylons balls and ball bearings in a back channel and costs...