- BEST OF THE BLOGS. // People Management;Sep2011, p20
Blogs on issues related to people management in Great Britain are discussed, including one from chartered psychologist Peter Honey about the rioting in the nation, another by Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Chief Economic Adviser John Philpott about the impact of the...
- ROUND-UP. // People Management;Jan2012, p54
A podcast featuring John Philpott, chief economist at the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, and Jean Tomlin, human resources (HR) director of the London 2012 Organizing Committee of the Olympic Games, is discussed.
- Philpott joins as chief economist. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;12/7/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 24, p57
Deals with the appointment of John Philpott as chief economist at the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). Work of Philpott as former director of the Employment Policy Institute; Background on the labor research of Philpott; Roles anticipated by Philpott in his CIPD chief...
- CIPD economist chosen to advise EC. // People Management;3/22/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the appointment of John Philpott, chief economist of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), to the European employment strategy evaluation experts' group. Responsibility of the experts' group; Reason for the appointment of Philpott.
- News from the office. // Third Sector;5/5/2009, p15
This section offers news briefs on the labor sector. According to a blog post on the website of "Harvard Business Review," workplace rumors are usually accurate. Another blogger recommends keeping one's mouth shut in the office regardless of the topic. According to a survey of employers...
- CIPD changes are welcome repeat. Shaw, Owen // Personnel Today;3/9/2010, p8
A blog on the updation of qualification levels by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), is discussed.
- Philpott's magic formula for redundancy. // Personnel Today;1/13/2009, p44
A blog from a columnist on the performance of the organisation Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in recession is discussed.
- HR debate: the next generation. // People Management;10/28/2010, p37
The article reports on the launch of a series of 12 monthly blogs by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), which aims to initiate discussion for its Next Generation HR flagship research.
- Common Purpose warns against cutting training budgets. // e.learning age;Oct2008, p4
The article focuses on the negative consequences of reducing training and development budgets during a recession, discussed by senior executives and human resource (HR) directors during a Common Purpose debate in Great Britain in 2008. John Philpott of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and...