Using signals can lead to green light for ideas
- Developing Objective Perspective. STURLIN, MICHAEL DAVID // Metal Clay Artist;2014/2015, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p32
The article discusses approach to designing by starting with an idea or concept and altering it in the decision making process.
- Strategy of Success. Bradshaw, Brent // Personal Excellence Essentials;Oct2010, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p6
The article discusses the strategy of success as making the right decisions in a universal set of nine decisions. It points out that the set of nine mutually dependent decisions make up Nature's strategy for personal success which, if used correctly helps in selecting the best tactics, synergize...
- Stamp of approval. Denton, D. Keith // Industrial Engineer: IE;Jul2005, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p26
Provides several suggestions to convince people of the merit of one's idea. Value of listening to both the content and the feelings about what one is saying; Process of displaying trust by making information available about a decision or proposal; Importance of strategy in promoting the approval...
- UNDER CONSTRUCTION. Wirtz, Barbara // Credit Union Management;Dec2003, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p8
Advises credit union managers on how to become idea architects. Role of ideas in decision-making; Comparison of idea design to working blueprints; Expansion of perspective; Presentation of ideas to others in the most appealing way; Development of commitment and leadership.
- The Neglect of Base Rate Data by Human Resources Managers in Employee Selection. Whyte, Glen; Sue-Chan, Christina // Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences (Canadian Journal of;Mar2002, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p1
Presents a study that investigated the use of base rate information in decision making by individual and groups of human resources managers. Statistical design used in the study; Sensitivity of the managers to base rate data; Effect on the judgments of the managers about the potential of job...
- SURROUNDING YOURSELF WITH PEOPLE WHO ONLY SAY 'YES.' Levetto, Mario // Industrial Management;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p7
Focuses on the strategies applied by the human resources management in dealing subordinates. Application of the decision-making; Role of the chief executive officers; Responsibilities of the employees.
- Who's running HR?--attorneys? Markowich, M. Michael // Personnel Journal;May94, Vol. 73 Issue 5, p150
Opinion. Comments on the recourse of human resource (HR) officials to outside legal counsel in making tough decisions. Importance for HR professionals to think for themselves; Need for HR to handle its legal issues more often.
- THE MANAGERIAL GROWTH SELECTOR. Reid, J.N. // Training & Development Journal;Apr79, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p22
Discusses the use of the Managerial Growth Selector decision-guide tool in human resource development. Overview of matrix decision-making tools; Development of managerial growth using the decision-guide; Components of the tool.
- Teamwork Aids HRIS Decision Process. Jossi, Frank // HR Magazine;Jun2001, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p165
Presents tips on forming a group to facilitate the selection of human resource information system (HRIS) solution software for an organization. Challenge of finding the right person to serve as the team leader; Responsibilities of a team leader; Importance of retaining the services of an...