Research topic: international mergers
- HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT PRACTICES IN THE MULTINATIONAL COMPANY: A TEST OF SYSTEM, SOCIETAL, AND DOMINANCE EFFECTS. EDWARDS, PAUL K.; SÁNCHEZ-MANGAS, ROCÍO; TREGASKIS, OLGA; LEVESQUE, CHRISTIAN; MCDONNELL, ANTHONY; QUINTANILLA, JAVIER // Industrial & Labor Relations Review;May2013, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p588
Does the use of HRM practices by multinational companies (MNCs) reflect their national origins or are practices similar regardless of context? To the extent that practices are similar, is there any evidence of global best standards? The authors use the system, societal, and dominance framework...
- White & Case Study Shows More Countries Want a Say. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;2/10/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p4
Focuses on the results of a survey conducted by White & Case LLP, which deals with worldwide antitrust merger notification requirements. Problems associated with cross-border merger deals; Countries that have revised their merger and acquisition laws; Actions taken by the Chinese government to...
- HR issues are bottom of M&A checklists. // Personnel Today;1/6/2004, p3
Less than 10 per cent of management time is spent on human resources (HR) issues during merger and acquisition due diligence, a new survey reveals. The European Mergers & Acquisitions Survey of European multinationals from global HR consultancy Hewitt Associates found 40 per cent of respondents...
- Management strategies for successful post-acquisition integration. Goh, Swee C. // Academy of Management Executive;Feb2001, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p152
The article examines the challenges of acquisitions made by multinational companies in Sweden. The success of post-acquisition integration depends on the level of attention provided by the managers. A balance of the human and task side of the integration should be achieved to maintain employee...
- M & A. // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/31/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 22, p15
Presents charts depicting global mergers and acquisition deals in selected industries as of May 27, 2004.
- Brace yourself for a slowdown. // Finance Week;01/26/2001, p39
Reports on a survey by KPMG Corporate Finance on mergers and acquisitions worldwide. Major cross-border telecommunications deals; High number of European corporations buying into North America; High cross-border bids by British and French companies; Mergers which were blocked by their...
- Nigeria: Blessed are not the tax dodgers. Lokongo, Antoine // New African;May2002, Issue 407, p7
Reports on the merger of multinational oil companies to pay less tax in the government in Nigeria. Effect of globalization to the government; Opposition of the government to the merger of the six companies; Names of the oil companies.
- Mergers & Acquisitions: International. // Investment Dealers' Digest;07/10/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 28, p53
Presents information on international mergers and acquisitions (M&A) during the first six months of 2000. Global M&A volume by target region; Most active acquiring nation; Top M&A advisers; Cross-border M&A volume.
- Mergers & Acquisitions: International. // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/04/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 47, p51
Presents data on international mergers and acquisitions as of November 2000. Target volume by industry; Target public deals; Target private deals; Target merger and acquisition advisers.