- TVB pinkslips 110. Coonan, Clirford // Daily Variety;5/22/2009, Vol. 303 Issue 34, p6
The article reports on the decision of Television Broadcasts Ltd. (TVB) to dismiss 110 employees in Hong Kong, China. It notes that the reduction of staff which marks the third time in six months is a realignment of human resources related to the development of new media. Meanwhile, Stephen...
- TAKING PROD'N PATH. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;11/30/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 41, p22
Reports on the hiring of television industry veteran executives by Madison Road Entertainment to help the company expand its production in the U.S. Collaboration of reality television host Danica Krislovich as senior vice president for programming; Comments of company president Tom Mazza on the...
- U.S. SKEINS TOP SPAIN'S WISH LIST. Hopewell, John; De Pablos, Emiliano // Variety;12/25/2006, Vol. 405 Issue 6, p14
The article reports on the desire for American television shows demonstrated by Spanish television programming executives. A number of Spanish networks have initiated deals in late 2006 to bring American programs to Spanish audiences. Information on the prices paid for these series is provided,...
- On life and shapewear. McGregor, Heather // Australian Women's Weekly;Aug2015, Vol. 85 Issue 8, p196
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of hosting a television program.
- MTV MAKES CUTS AT SIBS. Zeitchik, Steven // Daily Variety;2/14/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 34, p30
The article reports on the termination of several employees from VH1 Classic and MTV2 networks by MTV Networks on February 13, 2007. In a move that will shift many of the programming responsibilities for the two networks back to the flagships, many employees on the Classic side and many of...
- Can you hear the pips squeak? // Televisual;Jan2003, p26
Presents survey results on the wages of television broadcasting employees in Great Britain for 2002. Percentage of pay rise for freelancers; Impact of economic slump on wages; Prevalence of offering lower starting pay.
- Over the Hill. // Televisual;Aug2003, p66
Interviews colourist Tareq Kubaisi concerning the television industry in Great Britain. Amount of time spent watching television programs; Favorite comedy series; News programs that Kubaisi watches.
- On the air in the air: Pilots' risky business. Shaw, Russell // Electronic Media;06/21/99, Vol. 18 Issue 25, p14
Focuses on the work challenges faced by television news pilots in the United States. Types of risks encountered by pilots in covering news events; Safety issues associated with news pilots' work.
- The Scorekeeper. Friedman, Dick // Sports Illustrated;8/6/2012, Vol. 117 Issue 5, p25
The author offers opinions on television broadcasting executive David Hill, the former head of Fox Sports, stating that Hill was one of the most influential and successful executives in the history of television broadcasting of sports.