PHONES 4U GETS TEXTING TO DETERMINE BONUSES
- High data costs and restrictive access put off 3G consumers. // New Media Age;11/10/2005, p13
The article reveals that the cost of data is the main drawback with 3G mobile services, according to a study by WaveMetrix into consumer attitudes to 3G in Great Britain in 2005. Overall customer satisfaction levels with data tariffs were far lower than with handset costs, messaging tariffs or...
- CUSTOMER VALUE TOWARD SHORT MESSAGE SERVICE: AN EMPIRICAL INVESTIGATION. Ya-yen Chou; Chia-Hui Ho; Yuh-Wen Chiu // International Journal of Organizational Innovation;Summer2009, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p356
Emerging research has begun to explore usage issues for mobile service like SMS, however this work is still preliminary. The goal of our study is to integrate marketing perspective into IS field and introduce value constructs: customer value, to examine SMS usage behavior. By analyzing the...
- Asia to see continued mobile advances in 2003. Mallari, Rene // RCR Wireless News;3/10/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p34
Focuses on the mobile communications sector in Asia as of 2003. Estimated revenue output of the Philippines from short messaging services; Countries expected to adopt multimedia messaging services in 2003; Mobile penetration rate in Malaysia.
- Txt maniacs. // Wireless Asia;5/15/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p32
Discloses the findings of a Siemens mobile lifestyle survey on Australian teenagers' use of text messages.
- SMS: An Unlikely Hit. Williamson, John // Global Telephony;Mar2002, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p16
Reports the profit margin of global mobile service providers. Increase in business applications for mobile messaging; Enhancement of message services; Emphasis on point-to-point communication.
- What's up with mobile and ad revenue? // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/14/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 20, p7
The article discusses the issue with regards to areas associated with mobile communication including games, coupons, marketing, advertising, applications, and text messages.
- SMS-o-death calls even your old phone. // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals;Mar/Apr2011, p11
The article discusses the discovery of German researchers of the effect of "short message service (SMS) of death" attacks on mobile handsets.
- 'Protest' a no-no word in China. // Tibetan Review: The Monthly Magazine on all Aspects of Tibet;Apr2011, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p25
The article reports that the services for cellphone users who used the word "protest" in any context in phone conversations or text messages will be cut off instantly in China.
- How Mobile Marketing Can Work for You. Heraghty, Anne // Nonprofit World;Oct-Dec2014, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p28
The article highlights the factors to consider when using mobile technology to target consumers. Topics discussed include the benefits of mobile marketing, the need to build relationships with donors and customers by using their names and other personalized information, and integrated platforms...