VODAFONE OFFERS NVQ SCHEME TO RETAIL STAFF
- Red tape is strangling skills. // Education (14637073);2/20/2009, Issue 344, p5
The article reports briefly on a study from the City & Guilds Centre for Skills Development in Great Britain concluding that government policy regarding job skills training is ineffective and overly bureaucratic. The system does an inadequate job of helping people find work and employers find...
- When will change result from all the practice nursing data? Bhardwa, Seeta // Independent Nurse;5/18/2015, p9
No abstract available.
- National Careers Council completed with newly appointed chair. // 14-19 Learning & Skills Bulletin;5/11/2012, Issue 56, p2
The article announces that Dr. Deirdre Hughes was appointed chairman of the National Council for Careers in Great Britain.
- Welfare reforms boost skills training by 40 per cent. // Basic Skills Bulletin;6/30/2014, Issue 164, p3
The article reports that the government reform improvements resulted to the 40% rise of skills training in Great Britain.
- Deputy PM launches one-stop shops for 16-18s. // 14-19 Learning & Skills Bulletin;11/17/2014, Issue 140, p10
The article discusses the launch of a new database of opportunities, courses and skills for 16 to 18-year-olds by Great Britain's Deputy Prime Minister, Nick Clegg so these students can make more informed career choices.
- OCR launch new range of vocational qualifications. // 14-19 Learning & Skills Bulletin;3/16/2012, Issue 51, p2
The article discusses the move of awarding body Oxford Cambridge and RSA (OCR) to launch a new range of vocational qualifications which aims to provide substantial and relevant skills to students in Great Britain aged over 16 who hope to progress into employment.
- Industry gets behind Think Logistics push. // Commercial Motor;6/6/2013, Vol. 219 Issue 5538, p42
The article reports on the increase in the number of logistics companies that pledged their commitment to Think Logistics, a schools initiative by Abbey Logistics managing director (MD) Steve Granite to raise awareness of the industry among 16 to 24 year olds in Great Britain in 2013.
- Bang! It's the NCC report on careers. // Environmental Engineering;Oct2013, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p19
The article discusses the release of a report on careers provision from the National Careers Council in Great Britain.
- NEWS. // Adults Learning;Apr2009, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p5
The article focuses on a report from the Skills Commission in Great Britain on the need for an improvement in the quality of careers advice and guidance about apprenticeships. The report claims that too few young people start apprenticeships due to lack of information and guidance from teachers...