NEWS IN BRIEF
- HR salaries stand up well amid an economic downturn. // People Management;9/18/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p7
The article focuses on the 2008 Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)/Croner reward survey which revealed that British human resources (HR) professionals are earning higher salaries and bigger bonuses despite the economic slowdown. Preliminary findings show that salaries in HR...
- OUTLOOK EXPRESS. Syedain, Hashi // People Management;11/11/2010, p22
The article presents a round-table discussion on the "HR Outlook" survey held by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). For Kate Holt of KPMG, there is a need for more people with broad human resource (HR) skills rather than a single specialism. Purpose, positioning, and...
- HR urged to defy line manager criticisms. Pitcher, Greg // Personnel Today;1/20/2009, p4
The article presents information on a poll conducted by research firm Roffey Park on 858 managers. It was found in the survey that just 30% thought human resource (HR) was adding value to their organization, down from 33% in 2008, and 34% in 2007. Managers believed HR professionals were too...
- The conference value pack. DiVito, Lisa // People Management;8/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p57
Presents an overview of the events that form part of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's (CIPD) development strategy. Details of a conference on learning and development; Actions taken by the CIPD to ensure that the events match the customers' needs; Aim of the events.
- Inside the box. Purcell, John; Kinnie, Nick; Hutchinson, Sue; Rayton, Bruce // People Management;10/26/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 21, p30
Presents information on a research commissioned by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development on a link between the way people are managed and business performance in Great Britain. Methodology used; Challenges faced by several human resource (HR) organizations; Implications for the...
- Institute comes under fire for the value it adds to HR. // Personnel Today;3/11/2003, p18
Reports on the opinion of several human resources (HR) managers on role of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in development of HR in Great Britain. Lack of quality in HR events organized by CIPD compared to other institution; Failure of the institute for providing...
- Support for CIPD as the debate on its role continues to rumble. Sloman, Martyn; Stewart, Jim; Comer, Sarah; Pryce, Tirion // Personnel Today;3/18/2003, p16
Focuses on the services provided by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in Great Britain. Need to challenge the claim of CIPD on lack of access to its research programmes; Availability of research information on website; High charges for availing the services of the CIPD...
- Winning ways. // People Management;Oct2011, p7
The author considers the entries for human resources (HR) practices, judged for the annual Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) People Management Awards, to be revealed on October 11, 2011.
- Gibraltar HR first to up its game with certificate. Churchard, Claire // People Management;5/20/2010, p8
The article reports that some human resource (HR) professionals in Gibraltar took the Certificate in HR Practice (CHRP), a qualification being offered by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in 2010.