Law firm launches scheme to train leaders
- Rough Climbs and Tough Times. Shelton, Ken // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Feb2009, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p2
The author talks about ways to improve an organization's leadership development (LD) plan. He states that such plan for global organizations involves the periodic training of C-suite executives and line managers in their roles and duties. He thinks that come organizations have focused more on...
- California 'model' had law firms in New York chasing fool's gold. Mcdonald, Michael // Crain's New York Business;03/26/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p13
Reports the demand for foundering clients by law firms in the United States. Willingness of the firms to pay high-technology employees; Status of technology stocks; Concerns of firms on ethical and financial issues.
- Start-Ups Find 'New Best Friend' in Law Firm. Jones, Rene'e Beasley // San Diego Business Journal;9/30/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 39, p12
Reports the establishment of Gray Cary Venture Pipeline LLP. Aim of the firm; Effort of accounting and financial services firms to hire business development officers; Features of the law office.
- Marketing. Forbush, Joyce C. // Commercial Law Bulletin;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p32
Illustrates some scenarios on how law firms conduct their marketing campaigns. Usual flaws of law firms in their conception of marketing; Recommendations on how to correct the problems; Tips for hiring personnel for marketing operations.
- Hireland. Benson, Michael // Lawyer;4/22/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 17, p29
Looks at the employment prospects of lawyers in Ireland. Factors that make for an active legal recruitment market in Ireland; Tips for law firms in their recruitment activities; Plans to keep the healthy legal recruitment market.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Lawyer;9/30/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 39, p8
Reports international developments related to law firms as of September 2002. Recruitment of Robert Grey to Hunton & Williams in the U.S.; Appointment of Kanaga Dharmananda as partner in corporate advisory of the Corrs Chambers Westgarth in Australia; hiring of international tax lawyers to the...
- Unnatural selection. Griffiths, Cahin // Lawyer;3/22/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p3
The article presents information on the recruitment process in law firms while choosing candidates and the need for these firms to look for diversity and character in these candidates while selecting them.
- GOOD TIMES ARE ROLLING. Cziborr, Chris // Orange County Business Journal;01/29/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p47
Reports on the recruitment rate of law firms in Orange County, California in 2000. Growth in the corporate area; Legal work created by the growth of the technology sector; Description of types of lawyers hired by law firms; 'Orange County Business Journal' newspaper's ranking of law firms.
- Harvest Time. Savell, Lawrence // ABA Journal;Nov91, Vol. 77 Issue 11, p74
Provides tips on hiring associates for law firms. Successful recruiting techniques; Recruitment techniques used by the military, religious cults and professional sports teams; Capitalizing on the unique opportunities offered by law firms.