- President-elect puts patients first. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/9/2008, Vol. 179 Issue 6, p522
The article focuses on the view of Dr. Anne Doig, president-elect of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA), on the role of Canadian physicians. Doig emphasizes the need for physicians to speak for their patients. She also discloses that she will focus on patient advocacy and sustainable funding...
- The Interfaces of Law and Medicineâˆ—. Wecht, Cyril H. // American Journal of Law & Medicine;Mar1975, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p89
The relationship between the legal and medical professions is improving, but many problems remain. There has been and continues to be substantial growth in medicolegal organizations of various kinds. Better medicolegal investigative methods are being developed, and medicolegal teaching programs...
- Patient-based funding model endorsed. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/9/2008, Vol. 179 Issue 6, p522
The article reports on the move of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) to support the proposed patient-based funding of the health care system in Canada. The association plans to create a blueprint and a timeline for the transformation of the system to include patient-focused funding. Members...
- CMA lauds "critical" role played by IMGs. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;3/4/2009 Doctor's Health Matters, p581
The article reports on the statement of Canadian Medical Association (CMA) president Robert Ouellet regarding the role of international medical graduates (IMGs) during orientation session in Winnipeg, Manitoba. According to him, the doctors trained outside the country made contributions to the...
- CMA transformation initiative scrutinized. Kondro, Wayne // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;10/13/2009, Vol. 181 Issue 8, pE145
The article offers information on the transformational change of Canadian Medical Association (CMA) in the health care system. It states that the Saskatchewan delegate Dr. Peter Barrett,argued that doctors must lead change as politicians appear unable or unwilling to do the needful. According to...
- Former CMA president to become delegate to WMA. Kondro, Wayne // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/21/2010, Vol. 182 Issue 13, pE671
The article reports that Dr. Robert Ouellet, former president of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA), will replace Dr. Ruth Collins-Nakai as the official delegate of CMA to the World Medical Association (WMA).
- Relationships key for new CMA president-elect. Vogel, Lauren // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/17/2013, Vol. 185 Issue 13, pE619
An interview with Canadian Medical Association (CMA) president-elect Chris Simpson is presented. He explains his motivation for bidding for leadership of the CMA and his aim to build the reputation of Canadian doctors. Simpson cites actions the CMA can take for a national health human resources...
- Introduction. // Electronic Ardell Wellness Report (E-AWR);10/19/2007, Issue 405, p1
An introduction to the October 2007 issue of the journal that discusses preparation for a speech on personal responsibility of physicians is presented.
- Welcome to the 536th Edition. // Electronic Ardell Wellness Report (E-AWR);6/4/2010, Issue 536, p1
No abstract available.