CMA adopts new governance structure
- GOVERNANCE CHANGES SIGNAL NEW ERA FOR CMA. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;7/8/2014, Vol. 186 Issue 10, p796
The article discusses the decision of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) to approve a restructuring of its governance structure in 2014, which would create a new subsidiary called NewCo that will handle the revenue-generating areas of the CMA.
- IMA Adopts New Governance Structure. // Strategic Finance;May2005, Vol. 86 Issue 11, p24
The article reports on a 2005 change in the governance structure for the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA). Among the changes are the dissolution of the IMA's Executive Committee, four new Board Standing Committees (BSC), and select former IMA committees are now Non-Board Advisory...
- Research Committee Report. Sheldon, Michael // HPA Resource;Jan2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p4
The article presents a note from the author citing his resignation from the Research Committee section of the journal and announcing the appointment of Brian McManus, Gina Musolino, and Sue O'Brien at the committee.
- Your voice makes a difference and we want to hear it. Webb, Charles // British Columbia Medical Journal;Sep2015, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p274
The author discusses the consultation paper under the medical association Doctors of BC focusing on governance structure and processes. He encourages members to provide feedback on the alternatives presented in the board structure focusing on a single governing body , or a dual formation with a...
- a heart for change. Britt, John; Thomas, Barbara // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jan2007, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p66
The article discusses the factors that would promote effective management in a healthcare organization setting. Accordingly, all clinicians concerned may accept such change management administered by higher office if six of the factors provided by the author are considered. They include a clear...
- Leading and Managing Governance Change. Roy, William; Jacko, Virginia; Eadie, Doug // Nonprofit World;May/Jun2008, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p28
The article discusses how to transform a nonprofit board in order to strengthen the governing capacity of non-profit organizations. The board needs a comprehensive governance redesign if many of its board members are confused about their role and the board is under-involved in key...
- Strategy Shift at Site. Scofidio, Barbara // Association Meetings Exclusive Insight;9/6/2011, p1
An interview with Alejandro Verzoub, 2012 Site President, is presented. When asked about what Site is doing with its shift from building external partnerships to investing in programming and education to support member needs, Verzoub stated that Site focused on other regions to share industry...
- AMAers to vote on board-approved proposal. // Marketing News;9/27/1985, Vol. 19 Issue 20, p7
The article reports that the Board of Directors of the American Marketing Association (AMA) has unanimously approved a proposal to create a Professional Chapters Division headed by a vice president and supported by a divisional council of 10 past presidents of AMA professional chapters. This new...
- Mayne considers a de-merger. // BRW;5/12/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p80
Reports that health care company Mayne Group's board of directors will look at reorganizing the company into two listed entities in Australia. Global pharmaceutical business; Domestic health care operations; Mayne chairman Peter Willcox.