Small business owners are salespeople in disguise
- Debunking the five myths of business innovation. Rajan, Vikram // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/22/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 45, p45A
Advises small business owners on five myths of business innovation that need to be debunked. Meanings of innovation and invention; Creativity; Out-of-the-box thinking; Mindset of making time for innovation.
- If you think the recession is over, it might be, for you. Goldberg, Jeff // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/24/2009, Vol. 56 Issue 20, p31A
The article focuses on the impact of recession on various industries in the U.S. It suggests that businesspeople must be a positive thinker with a thought of business going good and should put a smile in their face as they face the economy. It mentions that others have lost their homes and are...
- Power Tips for Negotiation Success. // International Professional Performance Magazine;2007, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p25
The article offers reasonable tips that can apply to any negotiation in the U.S. It mentions that everyone should consider positive outcomes for all sides in negotiation, where a win for both sides is more desirable than anyone having to make concessions. It emphasizes that successful...
- The difference between a new account and a new client. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;8/17/2007, Issue 323750, p6
The article discusses how a businessman can increase his sale and can gain referral. To obtain a smooth relationship with its client, a businessman should establish rapport, build value, lower barriers, eliminate risk, and develop trust. Selling is not all about making money, it is also about...
- Indian Entrepreneurialism Version 4.0. Ranadiv�, Vivek // Siliconindia;May2009, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p8
In this article the author discusses how Indian entrepreneurialism has evolved from technical leadership to global business leadership. He comments on the four distinct phases that served as basis for growth and stages of evolution within an individual. The author recognizes the collective...
- Business competence starts at the top. Walsh, Thomas // Business Journal (Central New York);1/28/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p22
Discusses competency trust for business owners and leaders. Assertion on the need for continuous learning in managers and business owners; Role of managers and leaders in a business failure; Importance of leadership competence for managers.
- Three components of success. // Finweek;5/27/2010, p49
The article discusses the components of success in business. Chief executive officer (CEO) Allon Raiz of Raizcorp suggests businesspeople to understand the myth of passion and to acknowledge the role of an effective mentor. He also advises them to recognise the importance of a personal and...
- Leaders who are reasonable are bad for business. Owen, Jo // Director (00123242);Dec2003, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p28
Discusses the distinctions between reasonable and unreasonable managers. Factors which contribute to success in business; Gap between being unreasonable and being unacceptable.
- Great Ideas for Business Success. // International Professional Performance Magazine;2007, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p14
The article offers tips for business success in the U.S. It suggests that business people must keep vision in mind to give them inspiration and determination, which are required to reach their goal. It is advisable to practice the idea of delayed gratification for further growth of the business....