- Execution. Farmer, Tim // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p37
The article discusses the use of simulations to determine if individual hands-on and classroom instruction can be accomplished with existing staffing and equipment. It suggests to allow the crews to use other apparatus to make sure that there are not inadequate equipment or equipment problems to...
- Saving Lives by Commanding the Mayday. STUMBAUGH, SEAN // Fire Engineering;Jun2011, Vol. 164 Issue 6, p22
The article offers details of the Commanding the Mayday training course, a 16-hour class for chief officers and aspiring officers from Sacramento, California. The training, which was designed to teach fire service officers to learn the basics of saving a lost or drowned firefighter, was the...
- Firefighter education is everyone's responsibility. McCormack, Jim // Fire Chief;Aug2003, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p30
Focuses on the aspects of fire department training. Skills required for a training; Key element for effective training; Role of fire fighters in a fire department training; Role of the company officer in training; Responsibilities of department trainers.
- Firefighter Attack Skills Training Prop. Querry, Chuck // UFRA Straight Tip;Oct2013, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p34
The article offers information on the Firefighter Attack Skills Training (FAST) live fire training tool for firefighters.
- Make it REAL. AMBROSE, PHIL // Industrial Fire World;Summer2013, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p18
The article provides information on HazSim, a system which offers the tools for realistic hands-on firefighter training and offers instructors the ability to create readings on the handheld meter.
- Education vs. Training in Fire Space Control. GARCIA, KRISS // Fire Engineering;Sep2008, Vol. 161 Issue 9, p125
The author focuses on the training and education of fire fighters. He cites the failure of the fire service to seek new information that would meet a need and then apply the said information to educate fire fighters. He notes the need for fire fighters to have a mix of education and training...
- Improving Your Training Program. Diamond, Kevin // Fire Engineering;Jul2008, Vol. 161 Issue 7, p20
The article offers tips to improve the training programs of fire departments. It discusses the need to assess the needs and weaknesses of the department, and the development of a cadre of department instructors who want to impart knowledge and skills to the other members. The article also...
- Incident Safety Officer class will be offered for free to all 785 fire departments in Minnesota. West, Bruce // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p10
The author offers information on the two specific programs that will offer firefighter training across Minnesota. He notes that the Minnesota Board of Firefighter Training and Education continues to provide funding opportunities for the Fire Service of Minnesota. One training benefiting from...
- NFA offers pilot training officer class. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;2/25/2013, p4
The article announces the six-day course offered by the National Fire Academy for pilot applicants to learn fire and emergency medical services. The course will educate on new techniques, technology solutions, safety actions that can be added into a domestic training program. The course...