Merged Fire and EMS
- PROTECTING TOGETHER. Holzman, Paula // Central Penn Business Journal;2/5/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p23
The article reports on the merging of the Empire Friendship Firefighters Association with the fire division of Cumberland Goodwill Fire and EMS to form the Carlisle Fire & Rescue Services, on January 1, 2010 in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. It notes that the merger will cut down on the amount of...
- Strength in Numbers. Weidner, Jeffrey S. // Fire Chief;May2010, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p36
The article focuses on the consolidation of emergency services made by four fire departments and four municipalities in southeastern Pennsylvania. It focuses on the collaboration of different organization including the Liberty Fire Co. No.1, the Lower Heidelberg Township Fire Department, and the...
- New Priorities, Process Changes for Grants. // Fire Chief;Mar2004, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p16
The article focuses on the Firefighter program which mirrors the general management of the year 2003 under the Office of Domestic Preparedness (ODP). All program areas and activities available in 2003 would be eligible for funding again in the year 2004. Emergency Medical Services activities...
- Developing fire service/EMS partnerships: Is war really... Sachs, Gordon M. // Fire Engineering;Jul97, Vol. 150 Issue 7, p73
Examines the aspect of public-private or fire/Emergency Medical Services (EMS) partnerships. Pros and cons of public-private partnerships; Successful partnership models which have been implemented; Operational areas for consideration in a partnership arrangement; List of components of a...
- Get ready to benefit from economies of scale. Coleman, Ronny J. // Fire Chief;Apr2003, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p22
Discusses factors to be considered by a fire chief before consolidating fire departments in the U.S. Establishment of baseline of operations prior to consolidation; Mapping of responses, jurisdictional area and experiential requirements; Discussion of the effectiveness of consolidation.
- Collaboration or Consolidation? Rielage, Robert R. // Fire Chief;Jan2010, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p22
The article discusses the difference between collaboration and consolidation as a quick means of cutting expenses for fire departments in the U.S. It states that consolidation is a process that requires an extensive and inexpensive study to look objectively at the leadership, personnel and...
- EMS Week activities announced. // Fire Engineering;May2000, Vol. 153 Issue 5, p40
Reports on activities during the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Week from May 14-20, 2000 in the United States. Sponsorship of the event by the American College of Emergency Physicians and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration; Proposed restoration of the Squad 51 program;...
- Comfort Pack reduces anxiety, improves care. // Hospital Home Health;Aug2008, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p92
The article reports on the development of an emergency pack medication by the staff at Hospice of the Hills in Rapid City, South Dakota, designed to treat the most common symptoms for emergency care like nausea and vomiting, anxiety, agitation, pain, and excess secretions.
- NPSTC SEEKS VOLUNTEERS. // Urgent Communications;Jun2011, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p10
The article reports on the U.S. National Public Safety Telecommunications Council's (NPSTC) requirement for volunteers to be assigned for broadband projects including developing standards for non-voice emergency services (NOVES).