Case Means More Conservative Chiefs
- CHARGES ARISE IN WILDLAND SECTOR. Stittleburg, Phil // Fire Chief;Jan2011, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p67
The article discusses the court cases related to the fire incidents in the U.S. It notes that on-scene supervisor Ellreese Daniels was charged with four counts of involuntary manslaughter at a fire incident near Winthrop, Washington in 2011. It also states that a fire incident commander was...
- Psychiatry and the New Diminished Responsibility Plea: Uneasy Bedfellows? Wake, Nicola // Journal of Criminal Law;Apr2012, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p122
The article discusses the court Great Britain court case R v Ramchurn, focused on the relationship between the Section 21 to the Criminal Justice Act 2003 and sentencing in the cases of manslaughter in Great Britain. It mentions that the appellant killed his wife by violently striking her with a...
- Firefighter Charged with Involuntary Manslaughter. // Occupational Hazards;Feb2007, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p12
The article reports on a criminal complaint of involuntary manslaughter filed by the U.S. federal government to Ellreese Daniels, head of a U.S. Forest Service crew, for his decisions in the line of duty that allegedly caused the deaths of four firefighters. Several accepted fire safety...
- Lesbian fire chief to step down. // Gay & Lesbian Times;11/30/2006, Issue 988, p26
The article reports that Bonnie Bleskachek, the fire chief of Minneapolis, Minnesota and the first openly lesbian big-city fire chief in the U.S., has agreed to resign. Mayor R. T. Rybak has announced the agreement with Bleskachek in a letter to Minneapolis' executive council. In the letter,...
- LEGAL BRIEFS. // State Journal (WV);2/24/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p3
The article offers legal news briefs in West Virginia in 2012 including the guilty plea of Janet Damewood to mortgage fraud for failed disclosure of federal tax lien and the lawsuits against All Goods Festival authorities for the death of Nicole Miler after hit by a vehicle that landed on her tent.
- Prison inmate admits to killing fellow prisoner. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;8/17/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 194, p2
The article reports that New York prison inmate Jose Rodriguez has pleaded guilty to first-degree manslaughter for stabbing fellow inmate Frederick Velez at the Oneida Correctional Facility in Rome, New York on April 24, 2009.
- Plea deal in '83 murder. Hemmelgarn, Seth // Bay Area Reporter;3/28/2013, Vol. 43 Issue 13, p4
The article reports on the guilty plea to voluntary manslaughter entered by William Payne, who had been charged with first-degree murder during the course of sodomy in the death of Nikolaus Crumbley in San Francisco, California, as of March 28, 2013.
- New York Father Pleads Guilty in Baby Son's Death. SOHRABJI, SUNITA // India -- West;11/4/2016, Vol. 61 Issue 51, pA32
No abstract available.
- Firefighters' Pride lawsuit asks $750,000 apiece. Hope, Randy // Gay & Lesbian Times;1/24/2008, Issue 1048, p10
The article reports that the lawsuit filed by four fighters, who are members of Station 5 in Hillcrest, California and have claimed their battalion chief ordered them to ride in the annual San Diego Pride Parade, has led each firefighter to ask for $750,000.