National Provider Identifier finally takes effect
- Updated system implemented to maintain Medicare beneficiary master file. // Health Care Financing Review;Winter92, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p208
Reports on the implementation by the Bureau of Data Management and Strategy of a processing system to replace the operation that previously maintained the Health Care Financing Administration's master file of beneficiary entitlment to Medicare. Significant features of the system; Security...
- Claim denials disparities cited. Weissenstein, Rick // Modern Healthcare;4/4/94, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p3
Reports on the proposed standards of the General Accounting Office to reduce the existence of wide disparities in Medicare claims reimbursement in different areas of the United States. Coverage of the current regulations; Denial of Medicare Part B claims by private carriers; Number of Medicare...
- Medical law and risk management. // Reporter;Jun90, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p20
Provides information on the filing of medical claims under separate files for care received at sister service health facilities. Problems associated with filing with both the Air Force and the Army/Navy; How to avoid these problems; Reference to the 1990 Medical Law Conference.
- Improving cash flow: A focus on Medicare. Land, J. Talbot // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p50
Discusses ways to prevent delays in Medicare claims processing. Ancillary billing options; Improved methods of billing and record keeping.
- Medicare data bank law loses some of its sting. Geisel, Jerry // Business Insurance;5/16/94, Vol. 28 Issue 20, p2
States that employers that make a good faith effort to comply with the Medicare data bank law will not be fined despite inability to provide required health coverage information. Publication of compliance guidelines; Law specifications; Spotting of claims that should be paid by the employer.
- Rural referral centers fighting to retain special reimbursement. Lutz, Sandy // Modern Healthcare;6/12/95, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p35
Reports on the efforts of United Hospital Center in Clarksburg, West Virginia to retain special Medicare reimbursement. Terms of Medicare's methodology for wage indexes; Geographic reclassification as United's hope of receiving higher Medicare payments; Lobby efforts to extend special payments...
- Claims handling centralized. Weissenstein, Eric // Modern Healthcare;1/29/96, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p6
Reports that consolidation of Medicare claims processing at regional centers in the United States is planned under Medicare's standardized claims processing system. Other functions to be performed by intermediaries; Benefits of the program; Date of implementation; Hearings held by congressional...
- Payment. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;10/5/93, Vol. 67 Issue 19, p21
Reports on a study of Medicare carriers conducted by the General Accounting Office. Inconsistency in treatment of Medicare claims; Factors; Test for computer software.
- 1994 Medicare physician payment rates expected to exceed inflation. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;12/20/93, Vol. 67 Issue 24, p16
Reports on Medicare physician payment rates. Increase in Medicare payment for physicians exceeding inflation; Reflection of physician payments in fiscal year 1992; Goal for 1994.