A dream come true for an Italian in China
- Eye-catching looks abound. Andrews, Susan M. // Furniture/Today;10/7/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p102
Focuses on apparel trends for fall upholstered furniture. Casual styles and chenille covers; Larger-than-usual crop of prints; Style directions.
- PHILOSOPHY IN PRACTICE. // Cabinet Maker;8/5/2011, Issue 5749, p14
An interview with Anna Sommermeyer, sales and marketing manager of upholstered furniture maker Homilla, is presented. When asked about the considerations in designing products, she refers to the firm's preference of following international trends and developments in materials to provide...
- Group agrees on upholstery fire safety plan. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;8/6/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 47, p14
The article reports that members of the American Home Furnishings Alliance have agreed on a recommendation for federal regulators developing U.S. fire safety standards for upholstered furniture. Chief Executive Officer Andy Counts explains that the group favors urging federal regulators to move...
- Italian sofa firm back in action. // Cabinet Maker;12/2/2011, Issue 5766, p6
The article reports that DeCoro Ltd., an Italian sofa maker, has started manufacturing Italian-style furniture at its new facility in Cambodia after its closure in 2009 due to strikes.
- Fight breaks out at DeCoro China plant. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;11/7/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p2
Reports on the dispute between factory workers and an Italian supervisor at DeCoro's leather upholstery plant in China. Allegations of Chinese workers against the Italian-owned company; Comments of Luca Ricci, president of DeCoro, regarding the cause of the incident; Closure of the factory for...
- Furniture Options installs DeCoro leather gallery. // Furniture/Today;1/24/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 20, p60
The article reports that retailer furniture options Goshen, New York, here has installed a 2,000-square-foot DeCoro leather upholstery gallery. The gallery offers a broad selection of DeCoro's contemporary, traditional and motion styles, with a wide selection of leather grades and colors for...
- Leather players find comfortable niches. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;4/25/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 32, p24
Reports on the growing success of leather upholstery market in the U.S. Increase of the sales of the Decoro; Reaction of Palatial Furniture to the response of name retailers to its better-priced China-made line; Expansion of the of importer Trindi into sofas and case goods under the China Modern...
- Fashionable looks heat up upholstery category. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;8/15/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 47, p24
The article reports on the emerging market for the upgraded designs of upholstery in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Crink, DeCoro part ways. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;11/7/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the resignation of Laurence Crink as executive vice president of leather upholstery producer DeCoro in the U.S. Career background; Reason for leaving the company; Responsibilities of Crink in the assumed post.