- MFI exits housewares. Stanton, Justin // Housewares;Jul/Aug98, Issue 141, p6
Announces London, England-based MFI Homeworks' withdrawal of housewares products from its stores as it focuses on its core kitchens and bedrooms business. Aim to improve retail net margin; Major houseworks suppliers; Sales as of April 25, 1998.
- MFI applies the finishing touch. Stanton, Justin // Housewares;May/Jun96, Issue 127, p18
Focuses on the houseware department at MFI stores in Great Britain. Creation of loyalty factor among customers; Customers' preference for decorative products over practical products; Cashing in on niche market.
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;3/12/2004, Issue 5379, p5
Presents news updates concerning the furniture industry in Great Britain as of March 12, 2004. Increase in the number of complaints against MFI as received by ComplainDomain; BFM Manager Development Group's plan for a series of factory visits in the Midlands in April; Chelsom's sale of its...
- MFI confirms launch of joinery venture. // Cabinet Maker;9/21/2007, Issue 5556, p42
The article reports on the confirmation by MFI of the launch of its joint venture in 14 locations under Matthew Ingle in Great Britain. MFI hoped that the effort will allow access into a sector of the kitchen market where it was not previously represented. There are 14 stores or depots which...
- Trading up and new formats lift sales at MFI. // Cabinet Maker;8/3/2001, Issue 5249, p3
Reports on the increase in MFI sales in Great Britain. Reaction of consumers to the Splash bathroom range; Increase in pre-tax profit; Estimation of budget for foil product production.
- MFI reads the signs for continued growth. // Cabinet Maker;3/8/2002, Issue 5277, p3
Reports the prediction on the sales performance of the MFI company in Great Britain. Views of Martin Clifford-King, finance director of the company, on the condition of consumer spending; Evaluation on the business performance of the company; Advantage of the venture of the company with Ethan...
- MFI fined over Latvian bed. // Cabinet Maker;08/28/98, Issue 5103, p7
Reports that Britain-based MFI was fined and ordered to pay after a child was injured when a Latvian made bunkbed collapsed. Decision by Cheltemham, England magistrates.
- MFI rolls out Homeworks. // Housewares;Apr96, Issue 126, p2
Reports that MFI is rolling out its Homeworks format to more stores in 1996, following the format's success during the winter sale.
- MFI profits leap 63%. // Housewares;Jan/Feb97, Issue 132, p2
Reports on the financial of MFI in the 28 weeks to November 9, 1996. Pre-tax profits; Sales; Success and expansion of the Homeworks format; Search for new markets.