Tools of the trade
- Inside Information. // Cabinet Maker;5/10/2013, Issue 5836, p13
The article focuses on the trends that affect furniture manufacturers and retailers in Great Britain according to the British Furniture Manufacturers (BFM) Association. It mentions that BFM has created the website Export Portal, which allow companies to locate various sources of information that...
- European fight against low-cost imports. // Cabinet Maker;11/7/2008, Issue 5613, p7
The article reports on the institution of The First Project â€“ Furniture Industry in Restructuring: Solutions and Tools by the British Furniture Manufacturers' Association (BFM) and other specialist furniture organizations in France, Italy, Belgium, and Spain. The said project has been...
- BFM - A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH ASK IF IT IS. // Cabinet Maker;11/7/2008, Issue 5613, p20
The article focuses on the Association for British Furniture Makers (BFM) of Great Britain. BFM is known to be a founder member of the British Furniture Confederation (BFC) and a full member of the CBI. It has successfully gained the attention from the British government and raised its profile...
- BFM and GMB finalise agreement. // Cabinet Maker;3/27/2009, Issue 5630, p6
The article reports on the finalization of the Wages and Conditions of Employment Agreement for 2009 in Great Britain. It states that the association of British Furniture Manufacturers Ltd. (BFM) has already finalised the agreement with trade union organisation GMB. In connection, the Agreement...
- Watch for your Convention Preview. // Reading Today;Oct/Nov2008, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p15
The article focuses on the Convention Preview information resource of the International Reading Association (IRA). This resource will be mailed to all members of the organization and the IRA website at www.reading.org. The Convention Review contains ideas to consider when planning one's...
- New Web site created by IFSA. // Furniture/Today;3/15/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 28, p6
Reports on the launching of the International Furniture Suppliers Association's Web site. Features of the Web site; Purpose behind the organization's decision to launch a Web site.
- Product Resource: On the Web. // Architectural Record;Jul2006, Vol. 194 Issue 7, p232
The article reviews several web sites, including the Cersaie international bath and tile exhibition web site available at www.cersaie.it, the Tivoli Home web site available at www.tivolihome.com and the International Solid Surface Fabricators Association web site available at www.issfa.org.
- On the beach. Bromhead, Alistair // Cabinet Maker;1/18/2002 Supplement, p18
Reports that BFM has concluded a project which established a standard for the British furniture industry. Details regarding the benchmarking concept conceptualized by the organization; Guidelines in developing benchmarks in which furniture companies could compare themselves; Summary of legal...
- BFM to produce solvent use guide. // Cabinet Maker;04/17/98, Issue 5084, p3
Focuses on BFM's contract to produce the `Good Practice Guide-Reducing Solvent Use in the Furniture Industry.' Topics discussed by the manual.