Lack of support for Wade came as no surprise
- Buoyant's Ikea factory up for grabs as Wade completes deal. // Cabinet Maker;03/12/99, Issue 5129, p2
Reports on Bouyant's plans to continue with the sale of a furniture factory in Great Britain, after Wade Furniture Group's purchase of the firm.
- Wade snaps up Delcor. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;10/20/2000, Issue 5210, p4
Reports on the acquisition of upholstery retailer and manufacturer, Delcor, by Wade Furniture Group. Number of Delcor stores in Great Britain; Rebranding and repositioning of Delcor; Addition of Delcor to Wade's Multiyork retail operation.
- Double honours for Ducal while Sleepeezee wins two years in a row. Danby, Sandra // Cabinet Maker;01/29/99, Issue 5123, p4
Features the companies who won the 1999 Furniture Industry Awards. Includes Sleepeezee as Bed award winner; Occasional/Home Entertainment award won by the Andover firm; Innovation award won by Stag's Super Storage bed; Wade Furniture's victory in the Living/Dining Cabinet section.
- Wade saves Feather & Black. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;11/4/2005, Issue 5463, p3
Reports that Charles Wade, chairman of Wade Furniture Group Ltd., has purchased the assets of bed chain Feather & Black in London, England. Significance of the acquisition to Charles Wade's retail presence; Statement of Wade on his plans for the acquired assets; Addition of the Feather & Black...
- A vote of confidence for F&B. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;11/4/2005, Issue 5463, p9
Comments on the merger of furniture retailers Feather & Black and Wade Furniture Group Ltd. in Great Britain. Assertion on how Charles Wade recognized the retail potential of the acquired company; Implication of the acquisition to retailers; Lessons venture capitalists can learn from the merger.
- Feather & Black becomes Wade flagship bed brand. Pamben, Deven // Cabinet Maker;4/7/2006, Issue 5482, p3
The article reports on the planned relocation of five stores of Feather & Black into sites of former Perfect Nights store. The bed and bedroom furniture company was bought by Wade Furniture Group, the parent company of Perfect Nights. Feather & Black will be taking over Perfect Nights stores in...
- Ace in the pack. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;8/27/2004, Issue 5403, p20
Profiles Chris Everist, sales director of YP Furniture Ltd. and Wade Furniture. Career history of Everist; Challenges facing Everist in handling sales at the companies; Responsibilities of Everist; Factors affecting the furniture industry.
- A dozen choices from Oakhampton. // Cabinet Maker;02/02/2001, Issue 5223, p8
Cites Wade Furniture's expansion of its Oakhampton furniture collection.
- Wade blames retailers for its consumer sale. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;07/14/2000, Issue 5196, p1
Focuses on the sale of Wade Furniture Group's consumer division to John Payne.