Contour invests _GCP_ 3m in premises
- D&B study tracks migration of businesses and jobs between... Kresge, David T. // Business Credit;Feb97, Vol. 99 Issue 2, p57
Presents the findings of a study conducted on business relocation in the United States, by Dun & Bradstreet. Number of companies that have across state lines; States ranked by net job gain between 1991 and 1995; Largest net gain in businesses posted by South Atlantic states.
- Moving strategies. Fischer, Glenn // Buildings;Mar1997, Vol. 91 Issue 3, p61
Presents information from Alan Whitson on the complex planning, careful execution, and constant monitoring when relocating a company in the United States. Cost of a move; Information on what percentage business moves account for; Comments from Whitson; Elements to a successful move.
- Are you making a smart move? Whitson, Alan // Buildings;Mar1997, Vol. 91 Issue 3, p62
Presents information on key factors in determining what a tenant should know when comparing buildings for the relocation of its operations. Size and efficiency of the building core; Shape of the floor; Explanation of building module.
- Feel the chrun? Whitson, Alan // Buildings;Mar1997, Vol. 91 Issue 3, p64
Offers a look at how companies manage the relocation of their business and the effect that the change has on their productivity. Comments from employment expert John Challenger; Strategies for dealing with change.
- Atlanta regains number one position as best business location. // Corporate Board;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 13 Issue 73, p26
Reports that the 1991 Cushman & Wakefield Monitor survey ranks Atlanta, Georgia as the best place to locate a business. Other cities which topped the survey; Areas where the cities were evaluated.
- How to meet the needs of corporations in locating new facilities. Wood, Allen R. // Economic Development Review;Winter90, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p55
Presents the ten basic things economic developers in the United States can do to meet the needs of corporations better in locating facilities in their area. Periodic labor surveys; Identification of good industrial sites; Making full use of state government support in carrying out the area's...
- From adversary to advisor: A new role for environmental officials in the economic development area. Hudson, Valerie A. // Economic Development Review;Summer92, Vol. 10 Issue 3, Summer 1992 p27
Discusses how economic developers who discuss environmental regulations have helped manufacturers relocate businesses in Kentucky. Possible siting and permitting problems; Experiences in siting facilities in the state; Recommendation for other states.
- Attitude of a community's residents make the difference in economic development. Carr, Reo // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;09/08/97, Issue 322196, p34
Editorial. Enumerates the questions corporations consider when relocating to Fresno, California. Includes people's work ethic; Community related problems that affect the workforce; Consultation with those other than the Fresno County Economic Development Corp. to uncover answers to the questions.
- Up close. // Fairfield County Business Journal;05/25/98, Vol. 37 Issue 21, p15
Presents a chart showing transfer classifications of businesses in the year 1997 in the United States.