Technicians of Learning
- `Discredited' degree grades under attack. Welch, Jilly // People Management;07/24/97, Vol. 3 Issue 15, p9
Reports major employers are demanding for a restructuring of the educational system of universities in Great Britain. Method of rating the quality of degrees employed by universities; Concerns expressed by employers regarding the value of developing graduate skills; Accusations given by...
- Editor's Introduction. Jones, Anthony // Russian Education & Society;Feb2008, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by B.V. Dubin on "Russian Universities (Lessons of the Past and Tasks of the Future)," and another by Dorozhkin and Mazitova on "Problems of the Social Adaptation of Foreign College Students."
- TOP RANKS: COLLEGES & UNIVERSITIES SERVING CNY AREA. Carbonaro, Maria J. // Business Journal (Central New York);01/25/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p22
Presents a list of top 28 universities and colleges in Central New York based on full-time enrollment in 2001.
- North Idaho education partnership eyes growth. Hatch, Addy // Journal of Business (10756124);04/05/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 8, pA9
Reports on the plans of participating colleges in the North Idaho Center for Higher Education to expand the center's higher education program. Variety of courses explored by the center's participants.
- Higher Education. // Business NH Magazine;Jul2003, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p13
Provides information on universities and colleges in New Hampshire compiled as of July 2003. Enrollment; Tuition; Operating budget; Highest degree offered.
- Department for Education and Skills. // EPM Weekly Bulletin;6/24/2002, Issue 97, p42
Presents a table to show the number of courses in higher education institutions in Great Britain. Statistics on the allocation of funds for the Small Schools Fund; Proportion of female teachers in secondary schools in Great Britain; Information on the social class of undergraduates students in...
- WMU Adds Graduate Center Downtown. Rent, Katy // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/30/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 31, pB1
Reports on the addition of a Graduate Center-Downtown in Grand Rapids, Michigan, by the Wesleyan Michigan University. Courses offered in the master's and other graduate level programs; Offer of conferencing capabilities to downtown and area businesses.
- Indiana's Independent Colleges. // Indiana Business Magazine;Feb99, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p14
Lists independent colleges in Indiana. Earlham College; Ancilla College; Associated Mennonite Biblical Seminary; Bethel College; Oakland City University; Marian College.
- Five-College Town. Hayhurst, Susan // Indiana Business Magazine;Sep2001, Vol. 45 Issue 9
Discusses the profitability of higher education in Terre Haute, Indiana. Economic impact of universities such as Indiana State University, Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College and the Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology; Number of employees at higher education institutions in the region; Enhancement...
- Leaping Across the Digital Divide to Rural America. McLane, Brian // Community College Week;Fall2001 Supplement on Technology, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p27
Discusses the challenges faced Northland Pioneer College in Arizona related to the access of students to higher education. Service area of the school; Factors that prevent students from pursuing higher education; Solution adopted by the school to solve the obstacles that prevent students from...