Pius XII as Scapegoat
- Pope Pius XII: From the Diplomacy of Impartiality to the Silence of the Holocaust. Coppa, Frank J. // Journal of Church & State;Jun2013, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p286
The article presents an in-depth examination into the papacy of Pius XII, focusing on his political administration during the time of World War II and the Jewish Holocaust. Introductory comments are given citing the arguments of both opponents and supporters of the pope's legacy. An examination...
- IN BRIEF. // Our Sunday Visitor;3/7/2010, Vol. 98 Issue 45, p3
The article contemplates on the sainthood cause of Pope Pius XII, with 19 Catholic scholars, in a letter to Pope Benedict XVI, requesting that further research be conducted on his papacy before reaching conclusions on his role during World War II and the Holocaust.
- signs of the times. // U.S. Catholic;Mar2001, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p10
Presents news briefs which concern the Catholic Church and Catholics as of March 1, 2001. Inauguration of a Catholic-Muslim Studies Program at Catholic Theological Union's Bernardin Center in Chicago, Illinois; Commission for evaluating the actions of Pope Pius XII and the Vatican during the...
- Our Incalculable Loss. // America;10/25/1958, Vol. 100 Issue 4, p100
The article presents an obituary for the late Pope Pius XII, head of the Catholic Church.
- Myron C. Taylor's Eulogy. // America;10/25/1958, Vol. 100 Issue 4, p100
The article presents an obituary for Pope Pius XII, head of the Catholic Church.
- Plea for peace. // America;8/12/1950, Vol. 83 Issue 19, p485
The article focuses on the appeal for peace of Pope Pius XII addressed in the encyclical Summi Maeroris dated July 19, 1950. The pope is said to point out that those who persecute the Church are far from achieving peace. It also notes that the words of the pope will evoke a generous response...
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Erla, Michele; Schrantz, Joe; Krupp, Gary; Ribbing, Bretta (Blayz); Hurley, R. E.; Sollinger, Colleen // Our Sunday Visitor;6/26/2011, Vol. 100 Issue 9, p18
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles published in previous issues including "Non-Negotiable," in the June 12, 2011 issue, "Rolling the Dice With Your Livelihood," in the June 5, 2011 issue, and "Uncovered World War II Note Adds to Pius XII Debate," in the June 12,...
- Pope Pius XII The Priest and the Man. Rychlak, Ronald J. // Priest;Jun2012, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p10
A biography of Pope Pius XII, born as Eugenio Maria Giuseppe Giovanni Pacelli and the Church's 262nd pope, is presented. He was born on March 2, 1876 in Rome, was accepted into the Capricana and took classes at the Georgiana. From 1939 until his death in 1958, he guided the Roman Catholic Church...
- "Members all of the Body of Christ.". // America;11/9/1946, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p146
The author reflects on address of Pope Pius XII to the Catechetical Congress at Boston, Massachusetts in 1946. He says that the address reminded the Catholic layman of the privilege and responsibility attached to his priesthood. He adds that its appeal for united action against the forces of...