Remembering Robert Casey
- The Democratic Party: THE POLITICS OF ABORTION. // Vital Speeches of the Day;6/15/92, Vol. 58 Issue 17, p520
Presents a speech by Pennsylvania Governor Robert P. Casey `The Democratic Party,' delivered at the Notre Dame Law School in Baltimore, Maryland on April 2, 1992, dealing with the issue of the politics of abortion.
- Tax-Reform Postmortem: Plans Killed in 2 Elections. Jennings, Lisa // Education Week;5/24/1989, Vol. 8 Issue 35, p8
The article reports on the rejection of the voters over the changes in Pennsylvania's revenue system. A sharp division has been observed in the General Assembly over what has been a partisan issue due to such rejection of the voters. Governor Robert P. Casey asserts that the defeat is attributed...
- Statement on the Death of Governor Robert P.Casey. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;6/5/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 22, p1257
Presents the text of a statement given by United States President Bill Clinton on May 31, 2000 which deals with the death of Governor Robert P. Casey.
- Lawyers' Group Honors Late Governor Casey. // America;7/18/2005, Vol. 193 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the award given by the St. Thomas More Society of central Pennsylvania to the late Governor Robert P. Casey of Pennsylvania. Information on the award; Achievements of Casey.
- Life of the Party. Hentoff, Nat // New Republic;06/19/2000, Vol. 222 Issue 25, p14
Focuses on the life and works of former Pennsylvania governor Robert Casey. Contribution in creating model school-based child care programs that offered infants and preschoolers full day services and before- and after-school programs; Accomplishment for signing a bill providing health insurance...
- Casey Cites Education As a Key to Progress. E. F. // Education Week;3/11/1987, Vol. 6 Issue 24, p9
The article reports on the recommendation of Pennsylvania Governor Robert P. Casey to increase state funding for elementary and secondary schools for the 1988 fiscal year. Casey told the state lawmakers that the proposed 214 million dollar increase would come from an anticipated surplus in the...
- Amid Controversy, Pa. Board Adopts 'Learner Outcomes'. Rothman, Robert // Education Week;1/20/1993, Vol. 12 Issue 17, p14
The article reports on the adoption of changes in a set of learner outcomes that all students should comply in order to graduate from high school in Pennsylvania. The school board refused to approve changes, requested by Governor Robert Casey, in approving the 55 outcomes. Casey said that the...
- Pa. governor wants HDTV job creation. Scully, Sean // Broadcasting & Cable;4/5/93, Vol. 123 Issue 14, p41
Details Pennsylvania Gov. Robert Casey's support for the future of high-definition television (HDTV) in the United States. Casey's letter on March 30, 1993 to President Bill Clinton expressing strong support for a suggestion by Labor Secretary Robert Reich that the Federal Communications...
- Washington report. // National Minority Politics;Jun95, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p30
Reports that former Pennsylvania Governor Robert Casey, who withdrew plans to run for president in 1996, is creating organizations dedicated to support a pro-life US presidential candidate. Organizations to be established by Casey according to his adviser, Jeffrey Bell; Funding for the...