- Episcopal seminary relaxes policy on sex. R.N.S. // Christian Century;2/19/97, Vol. 114 Issue 6, p184
Reports on the decision of the board of trustees of Virginia Theological Seminary in Alexandria, to relax its 25-year-old policy barring students and faculty from non-marital sex and homosexual behavior. Reliance on individual responsibility; Remarks of Bishop Peter J. Lee, the trustees'...
- In Defense of Mt. Saint Mary's. Portier, William L. // Commonweal;02/11/2000, Vol. 127 Issue 3, p31
Focuses on the seminarians of the Mount Saint Mary's Seminary in Emmitsburg, Maryland. Evangelism among the seminarians; Attitudes of seminarians of the 1950s; Influence of the Pope in evangelical Catholicism; Role of liberal Catholics.
- Fit for ministry? Wheeler, Barbara G. // Christian Century;04/11/2001, Vol. 118 Issue 12, p16
Provides an overview of a survey on the changing profile of seminary students. Path followed by students to make their way to theological school; Why students came to theological schools.
- Dear seminarian. MESSMAN, BECCA // Presbyterian Outlook;4/27/2015, Vol. 197 Issue 9, p35
A blog regarding the success in surviving the seminary is presented.
- Most seminarians back in school; four working in parishes. EMBLETON, JO ANNE FLORES // Catholic East Texas;9/5/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p2
The article reports that twenty seminarians from the Diocese of Tyler in East Texas are returning to seminary schools, while another four will be assigned as deacons in different parishes. The entry notes that the seminarians will be continuing studies in different schools, including Saint Mary...
- Seminary life isn't boring. Miller, Joseph M. // America;4/29/1950, Vol. 83 Issue 4, p112
The author presents his views on life inside the seminary. He presents reactions and misconceptions of people on life inside the seminary. According to the author, people find seminary life boring and uninteresting. He argues that the reactions are based on false premises. A brief historical...
- Seminarians Today. Stanosz, Paul // Commonweal;8/12/2005, Vol. 132 Issue 14, p19
Discusses the findings of a study on the seminaries in the U.S. Views of young priests about themselves according to sociologists Dean Hoge and Jacqueline Wengerhave; Impact of the priestly training in the seminaries on the seminarians; Views of seminarians on celibacy.
- All Flourishing? Student Experience and Gender in a Protestant Seminary. Lincoln, Timothy D. // Feminist Theology: The Journal of the Britain & Ireland School o;Jan2012, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p97
Existing research suggests that men and women have similar reasons for attending North American seminaries and are influenced strongly by faculty while in school. To increase understanding of the experiences of women and men in seminary, this study used interactive qualitative analysis to...
- LEARNING IN PRACTICE. Tomkins, Stephen // Reform Magazine;Nov2015, p35
The article focuses on the views of students and former students of Luther King House theological college of Manchester, England, including Kirsty Mabbott, Rosalind Selby, and Barnabas Shin, on their education and post-education church work.