Adapting almost anything
- Heart-healthy appeal. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p78
Reports on the salads offered at hospital food service. Control of salad dressing on the patient menu; Popularity of chicken Ceasar salad; Hospitals that offered sizzling salads.
- Florida hospital sets new delivery program. // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p26
Reports that Mt. Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach, Florida has been developing a delivery program at its branded food-court. Plan to offer a limited menu of selection from branded stations; Highlights of the program.
- Making anything portable. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p102
Offers a look at the breakfast service of three hospital cafeterias in the United States. Palmetto General Hospital in Hialeah, Florida; Jackson Hospital and Clinic in Montgomery, Alabama; North Shore University Hospital in Plainview, New York.
- Fewer menu choices. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p110
Reports on trends in food service in hospitals and healthcare facilities in the United States. Introduction of beef dishes at Presbyterian Medical Center; Offering of traditional food fare at The Grace Plaza of Great Neck; Regularly menued beef items.
- Going beyond turkey club. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p128
Focuses on deli food operations in hospitals and healthcare facilities in the United States. Louisiana State University Medical Center in Shreveport's offering of low fat deli meats; Health Choice meat products offered at the University of Virginia Health Sciences Center's main cafeteria;...
- Tuna's still king. // FoodService Director;06/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p124
Discusses the popularity of tuna entree salad in hospital food services. Preparation of tuna salads with celery, onions and green pepper at the Gouverneur Hospital in New York City; Use of a marinated vegetables; Inclusion of cold salads at least once a week.
- Hospital Food. Lanou, Amy Joy // Good Medicine;Autumn2005, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p8
Presents the results of a survey about the foods served by hospitals in their cafeterias and restaurants conducted by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine and ADinfinitum Inc. in the U.S. Percentage of hospitals that offer fresh fruit; Failure of hospitals to offer bean dishes...
- 3-D PICTURE MENU AIDS PEDIATRIC MEAL SERVICE. // Health Facilities Management;Apr2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the use of the Fisher-Price 'View Master,' a three-dimensional picture menu, by patients at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center as of April 2003. Features and mechanism; Benefits for children.
- HOSPITAL SERVES UP ETHNIC SMORGASBORD. // Health Facilities Management;Jul2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the traditional food offerings at Weiss Memorial Hospital in Chicago, Illinois as of July 1, 2003. Purpose of its expanded offerings of traditional food; Result of a tasting session conducted by the hospital for staff, interpreters and the press.