Demo cooking livens salads
- Adding more fusion flavors. Hirschfield, Jeff // FoodService Director;06/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p122
Focuses on the increased sophistication of salad menus served in university cafeterias in the United States. Addition of ethnic dressings and ingredients; Combination of salad and protein dishes; Provision of individual unit variations in salad bars; Serving of several salad entrees every week.
- Healthy and hearty. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;09/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p94
Focuses on the salad offerings of college food service facilities in the United States. Important considerations in managing salad bars; Salad preferences of customers; How salads are presented.
- Gannon grabs relief. // FoodService Director;1/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p12
The article reports on the launch of the InterMetzo foodservice establishment at Gannon University in Erie, Pennsylvania. The operation allows students, faculty and staff to purchase specialty coffees and teas, pastries, sandwiches and salads in between classes or meetings. It also gives general...
- SURROUNDING THE MEAL: SALADS UNLIMITED. // FoodService Director;11/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p63
Focuses on the consumption of salads in the U.S. food service industry. Ingredients of the Gado Gado cabbage salad; Special salads offered at Claremont McKenna College; Traditional selections at school salad bars.
- Campus deli grabs more to-go sales. // FoodService Director;5/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p6
The article reports that Columbia University dining services Uris Deli and Ferris Booth Fresh are expecting to increase their sales at a delivery in the business school, due to the launch of an upscale grab-and-go program. Everyday the restaurants offer six to eight salad choices and 10 to 12...
- Purdue re-do adds menu options. // FoodService Director;12/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p4
The article provides information on Windsor Dining Court, a quick-serve restaurant at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, which opened in August 2005 after being renovated. The facility offers menu concepts not offered elsewhere on campus. It has three stations which offer vegan and...
- TO PLEASE THE PALATE: SASSY SALADS. Berkoff, Nancy // FoodService Director;09/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p100
Offers a look at the salad food service operation at the University of Montana inMissoula. Kinds of entree salads students can prepare; Comments from the food service director; Salad preparation tips.
- Full-meal salad stations. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p80
Deals with the popularity of full-meal salad stations in U.S. college and university campuses. Salads by Design in Jansen Dining Hall of Cornell University in Ithaca, New York; Salad Toss program of Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee; Salad dressings offered at the University of...
- Salads Supreme. Higgins, Amy // Food Management;Mar2004, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p60
This article presents information on salads that are currently on the menu in several universities. Harvard University Dining Services recently introduced a concept in their retail operations called Global Greens. They wanted to create a kind of salad bar. Some of the offerings include a Tuscany...