IN STIR-FRIES, ETHNIC DISHES: REVITALIZING RICE
- Rice cakes reinvented as fat-free snacks. // Environmental Nutrition;Mar1995, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p3
Introduces varieties of fat-free brand rice cakes with flavors which range from teriyaki to white cheddar. Includes Mothers' Rice Cakes; Lightly Salted; Quaker Popped.
- Rice Jardin. // Medical Update;Mar95, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p5
Presents a health recipe called Rice Jardin.
- Amazing grain. Lang, Joan // Restaurant Business;09/15/98, Vol. 97 Issue 18, p84
Focuses on the increase in the popularity of rice dishes in the United States. Varieties of rice; Restaurants that offer a variety of rice dishes; Sample of rice dishes; Rice as an essential cooking ingredient. INSET: It's what's outside that counts..
- The recipes. // Restaurant Business;09/15/98, Vol. 97 Issue 18, p92
Presents cooking recipes with rice as main ingredient. Includes Ham and Rice Balls; Rice Salad with Poached Salmon; Wild Rice-Fried Walleye.
- Cooking with rice. Vassal, Anne // Mother Earth News;Apr/May93, Issue 137, p30
Recommends whole grain rice as rich in fiber, low in fat and delicious. Shortage of complex, unrefined carbohydrates in United States diets; The food values that rice supplies; Types and varieties of rice; Recipes including jambalaya, tomato-pesto risotto and creamy rice pudding.
- Easy rice dishes. // Good Housekeeping;Sep95, Vol. 221 Issue 3, p194
Presents two recipes for cooking rice. Includes caloric content of each serving.
- Fruity rice. // U.S. Kids;Sep96, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p16
Presents a recipe for making Fruity Rice. Decorations; Servings.
- Fiesta. // Hispanic;May1994, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p56
Presents a recipe for the paella. Paella as a simple Lenten dish that became fancier with the addition of fresh vegetables or short-grain rice; Recipe for classic paella traditionally cooked by men outdoors for crowds of people; Number of servings.
- Risotto goes global. Milstein, Tamara // Australian House & Garden;Feb97, Vol. 97 Issue 3, p136
Presents recipes using risotto as main ingredient. Includes Risotto with Spinach and Gorgonzola; Tomato and Tuna Risotto; Peking Duck Risotto.
- Best-loved rice dishes from around the world. Holderness, Lisa // Better Homes & Gardens;Oct93, Vol. 71 Issue 10, p146
Presents rice recipes. Fried rice; Easy risotto; Indian-style pilaf.