- Soy-oil prices headed cyclically higher in 2001. Barone, John // Nation's Restaurant News;07/10/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 28, p36
Reports on prices of commodities in the United States as of July 2000. Expected increase in soy-oil prices in 2001; Moderation of beef prices due to high levels of beef production; Association of Coffee Producing Countries' withholding of a portion of exports in June 2000 to raise the product's...
- WOP Middle East & IPM Middle East 2014 to focus on region's robust trade in fruits, vegetables, plants and flowers. // Pakistan Food Journal;Oct/Nov2014, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p27
The article offers information on the International Perishables Expo Middle East (WOP 2014) to be held at the Dubai World Trade Center in Dubai, United Arab Emirates from November 9-11, 2014.
- Shopping Made Easier. // MMR;1/9/2012, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p20
Photographs of several perishable and health and wellness departments at Hy-Vee stores, featuring food choices including Chinese and Italian entrees, extensive wine and spirits departments, and merchandise are presented.
- PERFECTING A GAME PLAN. Robinson, Alan // Food Logistics;Nov/Dec2000, Issue 37, p28
Discusses the navigation and management of cold supply chain in the food industry. Concerns on the perishability nature of the products; Danger zones common to all perishable categories; How to succeed in overall cold chain distribution.
- CASE & COUNTER. // Gourmet Retailer;Aug2000, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p24
Presents news items related to perishable and prepared foods industry in the United States as of August 2000. History of the California Dry Jack cheese; Master Cheesemaker title given to eight students in Wisconsin; Introduction of Red Oak Farms Inc.'s Tri-Trip Roast.
- Industry focus: Food wholesalers PACA and producer lien... Blakeley, Scott // Business Credit;Feb97, Vol. 99 Issue 2, p61
Focuses on changes in the food industry in Delaware and Illinois, and the rights of Perishable Agricultural and Commodities Act (PACA) claimants, and the rights of producer lien claimants dealing with insolvent debtors. Intention of the PACA statute to prioritize the claims of food producers...
- Bites. // Natural Foods Merchandiser;Jan2007, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p40
The article offers information on the findings of several nutrition research in the U.S. The Framingham Heart Study found that those who had the highest blood levels of DocasaHexanenoic Acid (DHA) were 47 percent less likely to have developed dementia. The Perishables Group Fresh Facts data...
- Food containers that stop the rot at sea. Coghlan, Andy // New Scientist;10/5/91, Vol. 132 Issue 1789, p24
Reports on two new systems developed in Great Britain and the United States that keep perishable goods fresh in transit. The key to both systems; BOC of Great Britain, their system tailors the atmosphere to the needs of the cargo; Air Products of the United States, their system that filters out...
- INFLATION SITUATION. // SN: Supermarket News;8/20/2007, Vol. 55 Issue 34, p63
The article deals with the fresh food categories in the U.S. that experienced inflationary gains as of August 2007. These include refrigerated juices, fresh bread & rolls, natural cheese, milk, refrigerated teas and coffees, refrigerated spreads, refrigerated fresh eggs, yogurt, butter and...