FOODS TO HELP YOU COPE: STRESS AND NUTRITION
- Wellness: The Emerging Concept and Its Components. Townes, C. Dwight // Individual Psychology: The Journal of Adlerian Theory, Research ;Dec84, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p372
Discusses the definition and dimensions of wellness. Nutritional awareness; Stress management; Environmental sensitivity.
- De-stress at your desk. Rothstein, Betsy // Hill;9/5/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 100, p31
The article offers tips on how to de-stress at one's desk in the U.S. The tips include getting a five-minute meditation, the use affirmative words and music to relax and calm one's hormones, laughing at anything, being grateful for one's health, thinking of a calm and peaceful place, exercising...
- happily ever after. Yasa, Dilvin // Australian Table;Apr2007, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p110
The article offers tips on maintaining a positive and healthy life. Aim for more activity. Window-shopping counts as exercise. Keep stress levels under control on a daily basis by getting out of the office at lunch, eating a balanced diet, staying active and devoting at least half an hour...
- What type of supplement is best? // Wellness Options;2008, Issue 36, p28
The article provides information on how to obtain enough vitamins and minerals through multivitamin supplements. According to the Vitamin and Mineral Supplements for Adult health guide, mineral and multivitamin supplements offer additional benefits in amounts close to the daily recommendations...
- Stress, aging and the brain. Khalsa, Dharma Singh; Riley, Malcolm // Total Health;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p36
Reports on the Integrative Brain Longevity Program for brain health. Explanation for memory loss; Recommendations on nutrition for brain health; Suggestions on stress management.
- Don't get sick again! Chillot, Rick; Davis, Lori // Prevention;Nov99, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p124
Offers quizzes and information about the immune system; Ways to boost your immunities including adequate rest and exercise; Need for stress reduction and relaxation; Importance of healthy eating and vitamins.
- the best ways to stress less (they're not what you think). Tarkan, Laurie // Lifetime;Apr2004, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p118
Offers ideas on dealing with stress in life. Ways to stay calm in stressful situations; Physical adjustments that can help release body tension; Effectiveness of carbohydrates on relieving stress.
- HEALTHY, WEALTHY AND WISE. K. E. S. // Entrepreneur;Jan2007, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p46
The article offers wellness tips from different workaholic entrepreneurs in the U.S. Michael Lacey, founder and CEO of an e-business solutions provider Digineer, advises the need for eliminating junk foods and concentrating on healthy snacks. According to Monique Dearth, founder and president of...
- Nutrition and HIV: What to tell your patients. Cerrato, Paul L. // RN;Apr91, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p73
Discusses the benefits of proper diet and stress management for HIV-positive patients. Background on nutritional deficiencies found in asymptomatic HIV-positive patients; Effect of stress on the immunity status; Advantages of providing HIV-positive patients adequate information on the subject.