TRENDS: Labor, special diets posing new challenges
- Gray panther. Anderson, James A. // Black Enterprise;Dec97, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p52
Features the status of Genesis Health Ventures in the nurisng home market. Factors which contributed to the stability of the company; Forecast on its annual earning until year 2000.
- Genesis joins rush to bankruptcy. Saphir, Ann // Modern Healthcare;06/26/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p8
Reports that Genesis Health Ventures has filed for bankruptcy protection in June 2000. Amount in financing that it has secured to keep operations going; Factors that accounted for the business failure; Opinion of advocates and financial analysts on the spate of nursing home bankruptcies in the...
- The ailing NH nursing homes industry. Phelps, Janet M. // Business NH Magazine;Mar2000, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p50
Focuses on the financial woes of nursing homes in New Hampshire. Three contributing factors to financial pressures; Reimbursement cuts; Labor shortages; Deficiency reports for Genesis Health Ventures facilities; Campaign of the Citizens for Long-Term Care. INSET: Who owns NH's nursing homes?.
- Beverly's earnings rose a bit in quarter. // Modern Healthcare;05/08/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 19, p14
Reports on the earnings posted by nursing home operators in the United States during the first quarter of 2000. Beverly Enterprises; Genesis Health Ventures.
- Genesis shifts top managers. Moon, Susanna // Modern Healthcare;10/13/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 41, p42
Reports on the reshuffling of top management made by Genesis Health Ventures as of October 2003. Reason for the reshuffling; Promotion of John Arlotta to chairman and CEO of the pharmacy line NeighborCare of Genesis; Revenue of Genesis for 2002; Reason for the discontinuance of the Florida...
- Company Notes. // Modern Healthcare;12/20/99, Vol. 29 Issue 51, p82
Reports that Moody's Investors Service downgraded its ratings on nursing home companies, Genesis Health Ventures and Multicare Cos. due to deteriorating operating results. Effect of the downgrading.
- How we straightened out the meal service using CQI. Momyer, Robert K. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Mar94, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p40
Focuses on the experiences of the Manchester House Nursing and Convalescent Center in Media, Pennsylvania when it applied the continuous quality improvement (CQI) program to its food service. Description of the process; notable improvement in the food service department of the center; Use of...
- Food service as a marketing tool. Shea, Chuck // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p30
Focuses on quality food service's effect on a nursing homes image. Consideration for prospective residents; Quality of life issues; Nursing home selection process; Techniques to market a nursing home.
- AT MARRIOTT SR. COMMUNITY.: Room delivery adds $100K. // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the hotel-style room service food offered to the independent living residents in Stamford, Connecticut.