PLUS SHIFT TO PREPARED FOODS: Branding, a la carte sales help Tenn. district build revenue
- Bright ideas to improve your business. Schuster, Karolyn // Food Management;Mar1999, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p36
Presents six proven strategies school food service directors (FSDs) can use to maximize use of their resources, develop their employees and streamline their organizations. Includes building relationships between foodservice staff and students; Encouraging employees' professional involvement...
- Runs Downtown Restaurant, Too: Knoxville, TN, Schools Feed Community Groups. Bond, Marian // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p50
Focuses on the food service management at the Knox County School District in Tennessee. How the district operates; Evening meals provided by the district; How the district runs a downtown restaurant; Menus offered in the restaurant.
- What to Know: ACAP mtg. explores campus cash-ops. // FoodService Director;01/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p14
Offers pieces of advice on designing or remodeling a campus foodservice facility. Primary considerations; Steps involved in developing the operation; Significance of customer relations to the success of the business; How to ensure faster services.
- Jessica Shelly: Passionate Producer. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;10/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p30
The article profiles Jessica Shelly, food services director at Cincinnati Public Schools in Cincinnati, Ohio. It highlights the contribution of Shelly to the transformation of food services at the school district including the construction of additional salad bars, the implementation of a...
- Lunch and a Song. // Food Management;Oct2001, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p16
Features the theme song of the foodservice department of a public school in Charlotte County, Florida. Title of the song; Role of music in the development of a healthy environment for students; Attitude of students toward the song.
- `The key is to make gradual recipe changes'. Hirschfield, Jeff // FoodService Director;2/15/97 Supplement, Vol. 10, p9s
Reports on the application of gradual changes approach in changing recipes toward healthier foods for school food services in the United States. Enhancement of student-acceptance; Changes not recognized by students; Proposals for changing recipes; Promotion of vegetables by prepackaging for...
- Leading School FS into the Future. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Jun2001, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p26
Reports on how Donna Wittrock, executive director of food and nutrition services for the Denver Public Schools in Colorado, improved the school system's food service. Restructuring of the school's food service department; Improvements in school food offerings; Major accomplishments.
- MENU BRANDING IN SCHOOLS: Achieving brand balance. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p66
Asserts that balancing brands is the way to be successful in school food service. Its enhancement of dining arena; Cost savings; Increased participation of students.
- TAKE-OUT IN SCHOOLS: Tactics for participation. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p58
Suggests tips to on how can food service facilities in schools increase their diners. Employment of mobile serving carts; Packaging of take-out foods; Management of trash problems; Issue of safety and sanitation.