AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT: F/s industry seeks lawsuit reform
- Restaurateurs are watching what's on Legislature's plate. Clanton, Brett // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);04/09/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 42, p13
Reports that Louisiana restaurant owners are keeping a close watch on the 2001 legislative session for bills that could affect the industry. Number of bills that may have implications for the industry; Proposed bill that would impose fines on restaurants with recurring health code violations.
- N.Y., Maine lawmakers plan nutrition-label rules. // Nation's Restaurant News;2/24/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p3
Reports on the plans of lawmakers to introduce a legislation requiring restauranteurs to list nutritional information on their menus in New York and Maine.
- Industry: Congress off to a good start. Allen, Robin Lee // Nation's Restaurant News;4/17/95, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the 104th United States Congress' action on restaurant industry concerns. Targeted-jobs credit; Franchising legislation; National Restaurant Association's efforts to promote the Contract with America's tort-reform and tax-cut provisions; Welfore reform issues; Proposed reduction of...
- Ordinance may halt restaurant rush to Philly suburb. Kapner, Suzanne // Nation's Restaurant News;5/20/96, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p152
Reports that a restaurant ordinance in Manayunk, a suburb in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania has put a damper on plans for new ones to be opened. Requirement for new restaurants to provide parking space for every four vehicles.
- Montgomery, Ala. to allow Sunday liquor sales. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/29/96, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p82
Report that Montgomery, Alabama has passed legislation permitting alcohol to be served in restaurants on Sunday.
- Philly mulls bill on Manayunk eatery restrictions. // Nation's Restaurant News;03/10/97, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p24
Reports on the referendum in the entire Philadelphia City Council for a bill that would restrict new restaurant openings in the city's Manayunk section.
- What are you? // Restaurant Business;11/1/94, Vol. 93 Issue 16, p2
Reports on the campaign by restaurant industry in the United States to change the terms referring to the industry in the federal data. Term examples; Assistance of the National Restaurant Association sought by the government in changing some of the terms.
- Hold the burgers: Elmsford bans new eateries. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;8/19/96, Vol. 35 Issue 34, p2
Reports that the Board of Trustees of Elmsford in Westchester County, New York has imposed a moratorium on all new businesses that sell food. Effectivity of the moratorium on August 5, 1996; Plan to enact a zoning code that would limit new eateries; Purposes of the moratorium.
- NYC to tighten inspections. Prewitt, Milford // Nation's Restaurant News;07/27/98, Vol. 32 Issue 30, p1
Focuses on the bill introduced in the New York City Council that would tighten inspections on restaurants in the city. Reactions of restaurant operators on the bill; Provisions on restaurant ratings contained in the bill; Conditions of restaurants in the city as reported in newspapers.