COMING--AN $8.20 MINIMUM WAGE?: Govt. f/s contractors to face `living wage' rules
- A capital case. Samuel, Leah // Progressive;Nov97, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p14
Focuses on a wage-discrimination lawsuit of American Foundation of State, County, and Municipal Employees's (AFSCME) against Architect of the Capitol company. Comments of a woman named in the lawsuit on wage difference; Reaction of an attorney on the lawsuit filed against the company.
- Wage Theft Prevention Act signed into law. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/23/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p8
A summary is presented of the bill Wage Theft Prevention Act in the U.S.
- Sheriff's Office pay schedule approved. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);10/30/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p5
The article reports on the proposed changes on the sheriff's office pay schedule which has been approved by the City Commissioner's Court in Hill County, Texas on October 22, 2013.
- Proposed Revision Of The Federal Minimum Wage Law. // Congressional Digest;Apr72, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p98
Discusses the proposed revision of the federal minimum wage law in the United States. Enactment of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA); Series of proposed amendments to the FLSA; First governmental regulation of wages and hours.
- Changes in workers' compensation laws during 2001. Whittington, Glenn // Monthly Labor Review;Jan2002, Vol. 125 Issue 1, p31
Discusses the significant changes in workers' compensation laws in the U.S. during 2001. Workers' compensation coverage provided in Utah; Increase in the weekly maximum and minimum benefit for temporary total disability in Georgia; Amount of benefits paid to each surviving parent in a...
- What's your risk? HAARLOW JR., JOHN // Smart Business Chicago;Apr2014, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p16
An interview with John Haarlow Jr., an attorney at Novack and Macey LLP is presented. He discusses the importance of Wage Payment Act for the final compensation of separated employees. He highlights the types of compensation that an employee can seek under the act which is the final compensation...
- RCN pledge to back nurses fighting for AfC rates. // Practice Nurse;5/28/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p4
Summarizes issues in the implementation of the agenda for change (AFC) pay system for nurse practitioners starting October 1, 2004 in Great Britain. Statement issued by Health Secretary John Reid on the budget allocated for the AFC; Opinion of Sue Nutbrown, chairman of the Royal College of...
- Brownfield Pay Issue Still Unresolved. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/08/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 13, p26
Reports that United States Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Christie Whitman has not yet made a decision on whether she will offer assurances to congressional Democrats that a law requiring workers be paid prevailing wages be applied to brownfield cleanup projects. Major provisions...
- Rulings will impact on equal pay claims. Mayhew, Lisa // Personnel Today;4/28/2009, p12
The article presents information on pay equity in private and public sectors and an upcoming legislation on the same in Great Britain. The Court of Appeal in Hurst v Suffolk Mental Health Trust and Arnold and others v Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council recently ruled that there is no need for...