CAPITALIZING ON `WILLING, REACHABLE' CUSTOMERS: Campus c-stores nearing market saturation
- An FSD Newstrack Report: Mandatory Meal Plans Still a Market Force. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on the result of the survey conducted by Cini-Little International Inc. that a majority of college and university campuses in the United States still maintain mandatory meal plans for students. Motivations for mandatory meal-plans; How schools are taking notice of students' demands for...
- CELL PHONE PURCHASES NEXT: Pay methods, product mix mark coll. vending growth. // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p6
Deals with a survey from Cini-Little International on the use of college vending machines equipped with debit/declining balance card readers in North America. Benefits of card readers; Technology being tested by Coca-Cola; Purposes of vending machines.
- 54% AT UNIV.-NEW HAMPSHIRE: C-store boosts campus retail. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the opening of the Philbrook Cafe, a cafe-convenience store, at the University of New Hampshire. Estimated sales per day of the cafe; National and in-house brands serving at the store; Cost Construction cost of the store; Features of the cafe-convenience store.
- Still growing on-campus. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p78
Focuses on convenience-store (c-store) retailing at several colleges and universities in the United States. Combination c-store coffee shop at the College of the Holy Cross' Worcester, Massachusetts campus; Merchandising strategies of c-stores located within the University of Tennessee's...
- Today's Special. // Fare Magazine;Jun/Jul2012, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p55
The article highlights the traffic growth for c-stores in colleges and universities as consumers are continuously snacking as well as a shifting of day-parts as reflected in the chicken category.
- MARKET MATTERS. // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p6
Presents news briefs on the food industry in the U.S. as of February 15, 2003. Operational status of the convenience store, Village Store, at the University of San Diego in California; Popularity of vegetarian foods among college students; Foodservice management contract signed by Tiffin...
- Vanderbilt's Mega C-Store. // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p16
Features the Varsity Beach--A Munchi Mart, a late-night convenience store with mini foodcourt and a coffeehouse at the Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee. Schedule of operations; Number of customers daily; Late-night snacking options; Food and non-food items; Prices of items;...
- THE CONVENIENCE FACTOR. // FoodService Director;6/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p42
Reports on the food takeout service offered by Ball State University in Munice, Indiana to students. Categories of take-out meals; Estimated sales of one of the university's convenience stores annually; Information on the university's scatter-system eatery called The Marketplace.
- Campuses Put More in Store. // FoodService Director;6/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p24
This article reports on the rise of sales at campus convenience stores, according to a Campus C-Store Study by the FoodService Director. Campus food service directors often have other factors in mind when opening c-stores, such as meeting students' needs for prepared meals they can take back to...