IN 7 CITIES NATIONWIDE: Students compete for culinary scholarships
- A Scholarship Designed for You. // Career World;Oct2001, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p4
Focuses on the search for scholarship programs. Use of talent and determination to get a scholarship; Request of information from guidance counselor; Availability of web sites for personalized scholarship searches; Participation in activities in line with career interests.
- Big apple chefs help raise $270K to fund culinary careers. // Nation's Restaurant News;05/01/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p30
Deals with the fund-raising project of Manhattan's celebrity chefs for culinary training costs, scholarships and jobs at the Careers Through Culinary Arts Program (C-CAP) gala benefit in New York City. Objectives and founders of C-CAP; Lead chefs preparing the C-CAP Benefit Menu; Number of...
- Our brightest opportunities. // Australian Horticulture;Feb2010, p24
The article offers information on the 2010 Nursery and Garden Industry Certified Nursery Professional Student Scholarships in Australia. The "Australian Horticulture Magazine" sponsored the scholarships for regional students. Full registration to the Nursery & Garden Industry National Conference...
- Apprenticeships keep legacy of foodservice legends alive. Frumkin, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;1/21/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p42
Focuses on the culinary apprenticeships program of Anthony Spinazzola and Patrick Clark in Boston, Massachusetts. Aims on helping disadvantaged high-school students for careers on foodservice industry; Establishment of the culinary programs on Anthony Spinazzola Foundation; Duration and...
- NYC Chefs Help Raise Scholarship Funds. Krummert, Bob // Restaurant Hospitality;May2002, Vol. 86 Issue 5, p30
Reports on the funds raised during the Careers Through Culinary Arts Program (C-CAP) benefit in New York City in 2002 for high school students headed for careers in culinary arts. Hosts of the event; Chefs who participated in the event.
- Bursaries offered to secure staff. Jerrom, Clare // Community Care;4/17/2003, Issue 1468, p8
Reed Social Care has become the first recruitment agency in Great Britain to offer bursaries of 3000 pounds to people planning to get the new social work degree. In exchange for the bursary, students are asked to work for the agency for a year after they qualify and will also be given the...
- Training ushers women into resources industry. // Process & Control Engineering (PACE);Dec2011, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p5
The article reports on the scholarships given to eighteen women which give them opportunity to study at Challenger's oil and gas stimulated plant facility, the Australian Centre for Energy and Process Training (ACEPT).
- Fulbright Scholar grants for 2 Stony Brook profs. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);03/24/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p20A
Reports on developments related to education and occupations in New York State as of March 24, 2000. Includes Fulbright Scholar grants awarded to professors from SUNY Stony Brook; Career fair hosted by the New York Institute of Technology; Fund raising for scholarships organized by the Suffolk...
- Expanding the Playing Field: Public and Community Psychiatry Fellowship and Beyond. Runnels, Patrick; Ronis, Robert // Community Mental Health Journal;Jan2014, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p1
Fellowship training in public and community psychiatry has been shown to both extend career tenure and promote leadership attainment. While starting and sustaining a successful fellowship involves overcoming several hurdles, a successful fellowship can serve as a foundation for developing a...