IN HERSHEY, PA: New director reverses school f/s losses
- IN MINN. SCHOOL DIST.: Performance pay for foodservice workers. // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p6
Focuses on how foodservice employees in South Washington Independent School District in Saint Paul, Minnesota are being paid. Areas of employees performance being considered; Bonuses given to employees.
- Calif. schools expand bread offerings. // FoodService Director;05/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p22
Highlights the hiring of a pastry consultant by the Kern High School District in Bakersfield, California, for its central bakery. Impetus for the hiring of a pastry consultant; Comments from food service director, Mary Kay Hammans; Benefits realized by the hiring of the pastry consultant.
- IN GLENDORA, CA, SCHOOL DIST.: 'Spirit of Service' builds on customer recognition. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;3/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p30
Highlights the success of the customer service staff development program implemented by Glendora Unified School District in California among school food sercice employees. Goal of the program; Comments from Patricia Cunningham, Glendora's director of food service; Impetus for implementing the...
- The Multi-Tasker. Shalfi, Marissa // FoodService Director;9/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p32
The article profiles Jamal Hazzan, director of food services at the Klein Independent School District in Klein, Texas. Prior to his position at Klein, Hazzan was equipment and safety director at the nearby Alpine Independent School District, a role that made him an expert on technology issues....
- Spicing Up Lunch: Original Recipes Offered in Contest. // Education Week;3/7/1984, Vol. 3 Issue 24, p3
The article reports that the Jefferson County School District has designed the First Annual Jefferson Country Foodservice Bake-a-thon which was held in February 1984 in Louisville, Kentucky. The contest was being participated by several food service employees who prepare food for students' daily...
- 30 CALIF. DISTRICTS: CO-OP EYEING COMMODITIES. // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p22
Provides information on the activities of the Diversion of Commodities To Our Reward cooperative (co-op) in California. Services offered to school districts and foodservice directors; How the co-op works; Product line of the co-op.
- Exceeding Expectations. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;8/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p70
The article reports on a celebratory luncheon held by food service operator Aramark. The year-end celebratory luncheon is for the 60 staff members in the foodservice department at Warren County School District in North Warren, Pennsylvania. Justin Tech, foodservice director and executive chef at...
- An in-class act. // FoodService Director;1/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the effect of the implementation of in-class service on the breakfast participation of students from the Washington Elementary School District in Phoenix, Arizona. Percentage of kids eating breakfast since the implementation of the in-class service; Foods included in the meal...
- Workers' Hours Cut to Meet Obamacare Rules. // FoodService Director;7/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p14
The article reports on the reduction of the working hours of foodservice workers at Lexington Public Schools in Nebraska and the Southern Lehigh School District in Center Valley, Pennsylvania as a result of the Affordable Care Act.