FROM UCLA: Disneyland names Niven food operations vice pres
- Mary Niven. Jennings, Lisa // Nation's Restaurant News;7/18/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 29, p26
Presents an interview with Mary Niven, vice president of food and beverage at the Disney Island Resort in Anaheim, California, regarding the foodservice operations within the resort. Difference between the foodservice operation at Disney from the ones Niven has run at the University of...
- Great food keeps 'em comin' to Disneyland. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;4/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p25
Focuses on the foodservice strategy being applied by Mary Niven vice president of food and beverage at the dining facilities of the parks and hotels in Disneyland in Anaheim, California. Career background of Niven; Core of the Disney brand according to Niven; Action being taken by her team to...
- Changes to Lineup at Disneyland Resort. HUGHES, PAUL // Orange County Business Journal;12/7/2015, Vol. 38 Issue 49, p1
The article announces career developments in entertainment resort Disneyland Resort including the appointments of Mary Niven as senior vice president, Elliot Mills as vice president of its three hotels, and Kris Theiler as head of its namesake park.
- Main St. moves. Soeder, John // Restaurant Hospitality;Mar97, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p34
Reports on the plans of Disneyland in Anaheim, California to redesign some of its foodservice operations on Main St. USA. Opening of a renovated Carnation Cafe; Relocation of Blue Ribbon Bakery; New Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor.
- Whistle while you walk. Parker, Donna; Galloway, Stephen // Hollywood Reporter;9/11/95, Vol. 338 Issue 46, p10
Reports on the plan of Disneyland management to cut benefits for temporary employees, eliminate the seniority system and restrict days off for workers.
- THE IN-BOX. // Prepared Foods;Feb2003, Vol. 172 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the appointments in the foodservices industry as of February 2003. Person who is selected by the Robertet Flavors Inc., Piscataway, New Jersey to be the director of corporate technology; Manager selected for ingredient marketing by Midwest Dairy Association, an affiliate of Dairy...
- Seven Deadly Hiring Mistakes. Lousig-Nont, Gregory // Restaurant Hospitality;Oct2000, Vol. 81 Issue 10, p46
Presents a list of common mistakes made by food service companies in hiring employees. Disadvantages in hiring employees based on job interview results; Errors in the use of intuition; Use of character references as a basis for employment.
- What's your candidate's food safety IQ? Kinnear, James // Food Management;Aug97, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p50
Focuses on the incorporation of food handling questions when interviewing potential employees for the food service industry. Importance of the applicant's knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation guidelines; Use of a structured interviewing process; Categories of interview questions.
- Disney grants Hammel's wish: Freedom to create. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;11/03/97, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p18
Reports that Steve Hammel, the manager of concept development for Disneyland in Anaheim, California, has became part of the group designing the next generation of foodservice for the theme park. Career background; Hammel's comments about his job at Disneyland.