EUROPEAN PARENT TO MERGE, DE-MERGE: MERGER BOLSTERS COMPASS' FUTURE
- UK's Granada, contract king Compass Group forge $26.3 billion merger pact. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;05/29/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 22, p1
Focuses on the merger between Great Britain-based foodservice firms, Compass Group PLC and Granada Group PLC. Value of the proposed deal; Decline of share prices of both firms; Emergence of Compass Hospitality as the world's largest foodservice contractor; Projected annual revenue.
- EUROPE. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Jul2000, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p16
Presents updates on several mergers and acquisitions in Europe as of July 2000. France Telecom and Orange; Granada Group and Compass Group; Leconport Estates and MEPC.
- Compass coy about interest in Onama. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/13/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4226, p8
Reports on the interest of catering group Compass in acquisitions in Italy. Information on its interest in acquiring contract caterer Onama; Plans of Compass with regard to managing its acquisitions.
- Granada profits up 10% as media spinoff looms. Paxman, Andrew // Daily Variety;05/18/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 54, p4
Features the company Granada Group in London, England. Corporate profits reported by the company; Hope of the business for a higher shares in Granada Media; Plans of merging with Compass.
- Compass acquires Bon Appetit. // Food Management;Apr2002, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p9
Reports the acquisition of Bon Appetit Management Co. by Compass Group PLC in the U.S. Location of other facilities of Bon Appetit; Agreement between the two companies on major shareholdings; Impact of the acquisition on the business operations of Compass Group PLC.
- Big buys boost for Compass. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;12/5/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4251, p5
Reports on the advantage of large acquisitions to catering company Compass. Increase in turnover at the company as of September 30, 2002; Acquisitions that helped increase the company's profits.
- Granada in catering talks. Brech, Poppy // Marketing (00253650);5/18/2000, p6
Reports on Great Britain-based media firm Granada's proposed merger with catering company Compass as of May 18, 2000. Details of the merger deal; Company background.
- The Patina Group: Embracing change. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;8/13/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 33, p75
Reports on the growth of The Patina Group's foodservice business since its acquisition by Compass Group PLC. Simultaneous opening of three restaurants in Anaheim, Canada; Expansion of the corporate duties of executive chef, Octavio Becerra; Access of the company to volume discounts from their...
- Finances: Along the acquisition trail. Papiernik, Richard L. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/13/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 33, p78
Discloses the strategic plan of contract foodservice conglomerate, Compass Group PLC in its acquisitions of companies in Great Britain. Reduction of Compass's debts from its purchase of Granada PLC; Explanation of the short term return on capital profile to the investors; Elimination of a...