How I got where I am today
- Pools winners. Byham, William // People Management;8/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p38
Explains how acceleration pool system, a variation on the fast-track management development scheme, can fill the senior-level skills gaps created by downsizing and traditional approaches to succession planning. Nominations and structure of the acceleration pool system; Skills and experience...
- College Grade Point Average as a Predictor of Adult Success: A Reply. Dye, David A.; Reck, Martin // Public Personnel Management;Summer89, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p235
Presents a reply to an article on College Grade Point Average (GPA) as a Predictor of Adult Success appeared in the Spring issue of the journal 'Public Personnel Management.' Confusion on the usefulness of college GPA as a predictor of job success; Adequacy of narrative reviews with conflicting...
- Succession Planning Lags, APQC Survey Discovers. Bates, Steve // HR Magazine;Apr2002, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p12
Talks about the value of succession planning as a human capital development tool among U.S. companies. Comment from Lou Cataline of the American Productivity & Quality Center, on the issue; Contribution of effective leadership to succession planning.
- When to Bow Out Gracefully. Champy, James // Across the Board;Apr2000, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p7
Discusses issues facing succession in business. Ways to know when to look for a successor; Problems in business succession; Information on business enterprises and executives who faced the challenges of succession. INSET: Company Policy? It's All Bananas.
- Companies must start to take succession planning seriously. Flouch, Hugh // Personnel Today;10/29/2002, p16
Examines the importance of succession planning for companies who are losing their senior managers at short notice in Great Britain. Examples of companies who have lost their senior managers; Survey to know the top concern of international senior human resource specialists; Factors responsible...
- You'll get the best people on board if your company stands out from the crowd. Moreton, Guy // Grocer;9/4/2010, Vol. 233 Issue 7971, p55
The author offers suggestions on how a business could attract and retain the best employees to achieve long-term prosperity.
- The Bell of Mindfulness. Lachnit, Carroll // Workforce (10928332);Jun2001, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p12
Introduces a series of articles on the role of mindfulness in the success of human resource management programs of companies.
- Business leaders blind to benefits of human capital. Willmott, Ben // Personnel Today;2/5/2002, p11
Focuses on the ignorance business leaders concerning the impact of personnel management on the organizational performance. Unfamiliarity about the benefits of training and sharing information; Evidence on the association between business and people strategies; Attitude toward the function of...
- Look after your people--and they will look after your business. Gamon, Mark // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;May/Jun2001, Issue 25, p12
Focuses on the importance of personnel management in business success in Great Britain. Competitive advantage from superior performance; Emphasis on employee retention over recruitment; Impact of technology on working methods; Utilization of tools in the application of human principles to...
- Companies Should Grow Their Own Leaders. // USA Today Magazine;Aug2001, Vol. 130 Issue 2675, p8
Discusses a succession management strategy called acceleration pools that corporations must adopt for leadership development programs.