Research topic: women and well-being
- HEY GIRLS. McCahon, Bronwyn // Dolly;Jul2005, Issue 417, p12
Presents an article advising women to keep a positive outlook in life.
- Introduction. // Electronic Ardell Wellness Report (E-AWR);1/2/2009, Issue 468, p1
The article discusses the role of wellness mindset and lifestyle at a time of economic meltdown.
- Older Women's "Ways of Doing": Strategies for Successful Ageing. Wicks, Alison // Ageing International;Fall2006, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p263
This paper discusses older women's "ways of doing" which are occupational strategies that facilitate successful ageing by maintaining participation in meaningful occupations. The paper adopts an occupational perspective of health. This particular view of people as occupational beings who need to...
- Make your escape. // Self;Nov2012, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p150
The article presents suggestions for women on taking some time out for recharging and refreshing themselves.
- +WHAT MAKES YOU TICK? // Self;Jun2013, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p101
A quiz concerning women's well-being is presented.
- Post-Exercise Affective Responses in Sedentary African American Females. Reed, Justy; Henert, Shaine // Journal of Sport Behavior;Sep2009, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p357
African American females (N = 45) were randomly assigned to an exercise and reading control condition. Participants completed the Subjective Exercise Experiences Scale (SEES) before, 5-minutes after cycling and 5-minutes after treadmill walking, and before, at 15 minutes, and 5-minutes after...
- Healthy Living Key for New Mags. Kletter, Melanie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/11/2004, Vol. 188 Issue 102, p11
Provides information on magazines that focus on women's well-being, fitness and active pursuits. Reason behind the growth of fitness and lifestyle magazines in 2004; Remarks from Carolyn Bekkedahl, president of American Media's Active Lifestyle and Entertainment Group, regarding the trend; ...
- Effects of Racial and Sexual Harassment on Work and the Psychological Well-Being of African American Women. Buchanan, Nicole T.; Fitzgerald, Louise F. // Journal of Occupational Health Psychology;Apr2008, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p137
The article presents a research which explores the influence of racial and sexual harassment on the well-being and work of African American women. According to the results of the study, sexual and racial harassment contributed to the occupational and psychological outcomes of women. Their...
- The Cookie 100. Etter, Rebecca; Evans, Rory; Healy, Christopher; Miodini, Milano; Nordberg, Anna // Cookie;Oct2008, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p119
A list of the products, services, persons or trends selected by "Cookie" editors as integral to the well-being of mothers, is presented.