How can we speed up our recruitment process?
- ARE YOUR CASTING THE NET WIDE ENOUGH? Marsh, Linda // Works Management;Nov97, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p53
The article reports on the survey of the Institute of Personnel and Development regarding the limitations of companies in their pool of job applicants. The survey showed that 62 percent of employers preferred that the applicant had worked in the same industry, 53 percent hired those who held the...
- Hiring the right people. // AAOS Now;Sep2011, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p47
An excerpt from the article "Hiring the right people" in the periodical "AAOS Practice Management Primer on Human Resource Management" is presented.
- Faltering by 'paltering'? Gino, Francesca // Executive Leadership;Feb2014, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p7
The article presents an answer to a question about how to hire employees fit to a certain position.
- Keep cutting edge new hires on the edge, out of the mainstream. Pahwa, Madhvi // Direct Marketing News;Jun2012, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p49
The article offers tips on how media agencies and other marketing services companies can hire potential top-performing employees such as examining them for a mutual fit early in the recruitment process, recruiting from different industries, and preparing the teams for the arrival of the new worker.
- Pay No Money Now! McIntyre, Michael // Operations & Fulfillment;May2002, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p12
Provides information on the cost of recruiting employees. Overview of a comprehensive recruiting process; Factors that must be considered by employers with regard to hiring; Importance of investing in the hiring process.
- Hire for performance, not just credentials. Basile, Frank // Indianapolis Business Journal;07/19/99, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p31A
Offers advice on employee recruitment, according to author Lou Adler. Ability rather than qualification as basis for hiring; Importance of defining the job being hired for; Creation of an outcome-based job description; Writing of job ads based on the work to be done; Verification of past...
- Aggressively Searching for the Passive Candidate. Pompeo, Paul // Lighting Design & Application;Oct2007, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p21
The article offers some tips to lighting and design firms in the U.S. on recruiting employees. It distinguishes active employee candidates from the passive candidates. It cites some of the reasons why many people in the industry can be out of work. It urges lighting and design firms to look for...
- Selection Savvy. Poe, Andrea C. // HR Magazine;Apr2002, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p77
Presents the results of a survey on factors which lead to failures in employee selection and assignment. Cost of a failed assignment compared to an assignee's annual salary; Importance of planning in creating an international assignment program; Ways to assess a candidate's chance for success;...
- Pitfalls and perils of picking the right person for the job. Eisenbud, Michael // Fairfield County Business Journal;06/07/99, Vol. 38 Issue 23, p17
Presents the advantages and problems of hiring the right person for any given position. Factors influencing a manager's recruitment decision; State of the recruitment market; Problems faced by managers during selection interviews; Need for managers to train in hiring techniques; Tips on...